Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor activities,Weekday afternoon in Dublin

Options
  • 03-01-2009 6:14pm

Any suggestions?

I'd like to get into something properly outdoorsy, like hill-walking or rock-climbing or kayaking,but my job has me working in North Dublin on a 4 day on 2 day off rotation. This means weekends are out. However, the job finishes at 1pmevery day. I'm just wondering are there any activities I could fit into the afternoons? Beats going in my uniform walking in Howth (nice walk, but if I slip and fall on my ass like I did today, it's a lot of cleaning up muck to do!) Also I'd like to join a group of people doing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

You could try Kite Surfing or wind surfing. Obviously the wind has to be in your favour but mid week should be quiet as everyone will be at work. As you get into summer you could head up the M1 or down the M50 and head hiking in the Mournes or Wicklow Mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Most walking groups would be going out for the whole day I think rather than just afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

You could try www.WWKC.net if you want to take up kayaking, they do things at loads of different times that could suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I think there's a climbing club who rock climb in Dalkey Quarry week-day evenings over the summer. I don't know what they're called but the MCI (www.mountaineering.ie) or Climbing.ie may be able to help you with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Notogoldenpages

you could try www.adventure.ie they do sessions in dalkey we been on one of their team days before and it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coach Ed

orienteering.ie

Mid week events during the summer, night event on now on Saturdays around dublin and more on sundays all year round.

where you will get fit and learn a useful skill - you wont get lost ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

This place does a good range of activities www.extremeireland.ie

They have a few full moon walks coming up shortly.

Advertisement