Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugarcraft courses in the West?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

PM sent netty.

Mods should this thread be moved to Cake & Pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I would be very interested in a course as well.

Have made a good few novelty cakes for friend's kids, but always think they could look more "professional" - would love to learn some tricks instead of just making it up as I go along :o

CC

Cheshire Cat that's mainly what I do, as a friend who watched me carve a violin cake said, I do make it up as I go along :) A lot to be said for spontaneous creativity!

Have about 15 interested people now so looks like I'll be doing at least 2 of these classes, will update this again next week after I've been to the enterprise centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Would LOVE to do this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

There is a new cookery school which has opened in sligo town. Im almost certain I saw a sugar craft class on the roster. Gooogle 'The Source Sligo'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vallie10

Hi there,

I would also love to do your sugar crafting course. I have absolutely no experience what so ever but I really want to learn....
    Please let me know when your thinking of running one :)

Thanks

Checked out the location for this today, seemed very good, good lighting, loads of space, a fair price which is the best thing!

Anyone who may be interested please PM me and I can let you know the details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Yipee! :)

PM sent!

Just bumping this in case there's anyone else interested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Criver

Hey, just saw this now, is it going ahead? Am I too late?

• Advertisement

Hi Criver, the classes have been fully booked for a few weeks now, but if you want to PM me your email address I can let you know if/when I decide to run more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dee31

Hi just saw the thread and would be really interested...will you be running any other courses??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Just gotta say to anyone that's booked into this course next week, youre in for a real treat! :)
    I'm just so delighted with how today's course went, I learned so much, it was so informative and hands on - Spadina is just a fantastic teacher. It's great to get inside tips and tricks all while decorating a cake for Easter!
    I was looking for a course for three years and it was everything I'd hoped for with icing on top :)
    lovely to meet everyone there too, a great day alltogether. Enjoy everyone next week, I'm looking forward to the next one.
    Well done Spadina!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marzyque

I just came across this thread when I was looking up courses online. Would really be interested in doing this course if another one is being run!!!!

Hiya,

If you want to PM me your email address I can add it to the Interest List as I'm calling it, for future classes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Eviledna wrote: »
    Just gotta say to anyone that's booked into this course next week, youre in for a real treat! :)
    I'm just so delighted with how today's course went, I learned so much, it was so informative and hands on - Spadina is just a fantastic teacher. It's great to get inside tips and tricks all while decorating a cake for Easter!
    I was looking for a course for three years and it was everything I'd hoped for with icing on top :)
    lovely to meet everyone there too, a great day alltogether. Enjoy everyone next week, I'm looking forward to the next one.
    Well done Spadina!

+1 to this!

Last Saturday's class was just great. Spadina was so helpful and full of sugarcraft knowledge, and the class was such fun. The time flew by! I picked up lots of tips - my cake turned out great! - and the small class size meant everyone was chatting and helping each other too!

Thanks for all the preparation and enthusiasm, Spadina. Looking forward to the sequel ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yembukad

Hi there,

I just saw the course and would be willing to give it a go, really interested as soon as possible because I've been looking for where to get it done here in the west but found none. Please need this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Yembukad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maiseyjane

Hi, I am also very interested in your course & would love details re the same. I also know of others who are looking for such a course in Galway.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 katiefinnegan

I'd love to do this if another course is run!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joanie77

I would also be very interested in this course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Hi Acoshla

Would love to know if you are planning another course soon as there seems to be a lot of interest at the moment.

Hi,

I'm too busy at the moment to organise more classes, wedding season is in full swing, as are christening and birthday season apparently so very busy! I hope to organise more but at the moment I just don't know when, probably Autumn/Winter. I'll update this thread if/when more are organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SinCun

Acoshla wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm too busy at the moment to organise more classes, wedding season is in full swing, as are christening and birthday season apparently so very busy! I hope to organise more but at the moment I just don't know when, probably Autumn/Winter. I'll update this thread if/when more are organised.

I would be very interested in this course also, so could you add me to the list too please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Angie33

I would also be interested, plz count me in.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nikkily

Hi, if you are going to be running another course would be very interested:)

Hi, I'm not, but I know of someone who will be in a few weeks time, will post up info when I have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nikkily

Will appreciate being kept informed, thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Hi, I'm not, but I know of someone who will be in a few weeks time, will post up info when I have it.

My wife would also be interested in this course. Any info on this yet? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andycav

I keep hearing about people wanting to do courses in it, I've been asked a few times if I would do it, am half thinking of starting up some lessons myself in the Galway area, if I thought there was enough interest. Can I ask, what kind of things are ye most interested in learning? I would love to start off with a one day class, to teach people the basics and get them started.

Hi Acoshla, I have only come across your thread now and am wondering if you are doing any more courses as Id be very interested in taking a one day class from you.
    Please email or message me if you are doing any more classes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lo.Lo.

Hi I know these classes were run about a year ago but I would be very interested in attending if you were to hold another one. Please PM if you're planning another class

Thanks!

Advertisement