Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL and DVD recorder

Options
  • 03-01-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

People,

My DVD recorder can't see the digital channels I get from ntl because the output from the ntl set-top box is analogue.

Is it possible to get a set top box which gives digital output too?

I can record the digital channel that the set-top box is currently tuned to via the scart lead but that's not much good for timed recordings from different channels.

Any solution to this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

nope. its down to the box only being to output one channel at a time. to record separate channels at the same time you've got 2 choices, decoder with two inputs (the ntl PVR or sky+) or else a second decoder just for recording

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

you could also feed the DVR with the RF signal. While you will have one coaxial feed to the NTL Box you'll also have another which could be used to give the DVR the 'normal' analogue signal which can be used with the timer or even videoplus.
    I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DFJ

Thanks guys, problem is that the DVD recorder only has a digital tuner so it can't recieve the 'normal' analogue signal so I think I'm done for.:(

Advertisement