Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears 2 is starting to realy piss me off

• 03-01-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

The last 2 times iv played horde iv gotten past the round 30 mark only be disconnected from the host. Its happened to me about ten times since i got the game.and its nt just me cus everyone on the team gets cut off too.

The biggest pain is that its hard to get a good team and map together as it is !!! Sort it out Cliffy our my copy is getting the road. I already dont play multiplayer cus of the damn wait times to get into a match.

Pain in the assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:mad:

Edit: woops i spelt ''really'' wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've not bothered much with gears online, because its epic fail.

I generally get pitted together with kids, who when you lose the first round, disconnect.

I also think its a horridly un-rewarding game. Unlike cod4, where head shots actually ****ing do something, this game is run as close to enemy as you can for a shotgun kill.

Considering I finished this in about 10 hours, found horde too repetitive, and online play is a mess, I'm regretting this, even though it was a present. The game is so badly annoying I could rant for hours. For all the good it has( cut scenes, weaponry, characters) it has some of the most schoolboy mistakes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You can restart from the level that you previously got up to so you don't have to go through all the easier levels again each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Add me for Horde play if you want!

Need to get a good team together for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Add me for horde too, gamertag: Opel Fruits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I've not bothered much with gears online, because its epic fail.

I generally get pitted together with kids, who when you lose the first round, disconnect.

I also think its a horridly un-rewarding game. Unlike cod4, where head shots actually ****ing do something, this game is run as close to enemy as you can for a shotgun kill.

Considering I finished this in about 10 hours, found horde too repetitive, and online play is a mess, I'm regretting this, even though it was a present. The game is so badly annoying I could rant for hours. For all the good it has( cut scenes, weaponry, characters) it has some of the most schoolboy mistakes

+1

Horde is ok if you know the other 4 people. Never really got into the other modes, waiting times are too long, loads of disconnects, boring gameplay. It's a shame cos the campaign is awesome, especially in co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

i feel your pain on this, used to play Gears 1 religiously but have only played Gears 2 multiplayer a few times. Way too frustrating to find a decent game.
    I guess COD finally won the multiplayer war (for me anyway)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

robinph wrote: »
    You can restart from the level that you previously got up to so you don't have to go through all the easier levels again each time.

That's in a private game I suppose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ya thats in a private live game only.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The matchmaking time on GOW2 is finally way better. However i did have one crash on me last nite during a long round in submission or something.

I kinda hate playing anything but horde online though. I cant understand why people can kill me in one shotgun blast yet i cant do the same to me. Takes the fun out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Host advantage. Despite what Epic say it is definitely still there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement