Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown bin knocked over - who should clean up?

Options
  • 03-01-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

In my estate (Riverwood) we had a brown bin collection on New Year's Day.

During the night before someone's brown bin was moved from outside their house onto the open space area adjacent to their house and emptied there.
    Later that day the owner removed the bin but not the mess.

The magpies removed a decent portion of the mess and then I and another guy (both on the residents association committee) assisted a FCC employee clean up the rest. (I'd seen the FCC guy emptying a bin in Laurel Lodge and asked him to help me with the mess).

Who should have cleaned up the mess? The bin owner? (If it was my bin I would have, but I'm strange - I pick up litter when out walking).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Bin owner I'd imagine? It's his rubbish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Bin owner, I'd say. If his rubbish is found blowing around the street and he can be identified from it, he will be fined for littering. Not terribly fair since he didnt spill it, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

agree it should be the bin owner and its a sad reflection of them that they didn't... you were lucky to find someone from FCC about, as imagine the rubbish was blowing about a few days - that would leave a lovely mess in the area. Spent my younger yrs in a housing estate with bins that had loose lids and roaming cats, my mam would get us to tidy up!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Since Dublin 15 residents began paying the new bin collection fee, that one to assist in recycling, the green bins are been left out and not being collected for up to two days later, what's going on here??
    Someone had great "fun" on New Years Eve/ New years morning, when again, the green bins weren't collected. This "fun" person/persons turned over and emptied quite a lot of bins onto the roadside in the Hartstown area.
    I was visiting friends there and the place looked terrible with waste strewn along the roads and footpaths.

So it appears that since FCC residents began paying extra cash for this service, the service has gotten worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Green bin collection is now being down by Greyhound rather than Oxigen (sp?). Losing the contract might have something to do with the poor service.

Clean plastics can now be placed in the green bin which is a great addition I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

appears oxygen were a bit sour about losing the service,hence the messing about for the last few weeks,but it should improve greatly when greyhound eventually take over.

Advertisement