Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Sounds good :) I have heard of dairy having an effect on asthma, nose and ear problems. People I know who don't drink dairy for that reason agree that they feel much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Vegan since I was 13, veggie for a year before that.

Pigman III and Nailz have been warned for their inappropriate replies and the posts have been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

I'm ovo-lacto. I don't think that making the jump to veganism would be a huge issue for me. My only downfall is coffee. I can't drink it black and since I'm in college, coffee tends to figure prominently in my diet. :-(

Ah, there is a trick with how/when you add the soya milk to solve the coffee problem. Have a read of http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055428865

• Advertisement

Thanks! I was a vegan a while ago when I was working in an office and I could store soya milk in the fridge. So I used to put the soya milk in the cup and then bung that under the nozzle of the coffee machine.

I don't have that option in college. There's no fridge and if I bring small amounts in the bag, it seems to go off quite quickly in the stuffy classrooms. I might try coconut milk......

You can buy 50 mL medicine type bottles from chemists and they are great for bringing milk with you. It seems to store well; just don't leave your bag beside a radiator!! Then again, I don't know if the coffee/milk trick works with non-chilled coffee :) I don't drink coffee myself, so no experience there!

I know that NUIG have soya milk available at their coffee shop. If you want soya milk available at your college for your coffee, why not try asking to have it? Nothing will change if we don't ask :) It wont cost them much, and you could even leave a carton in the restaurant/coffee shop fridge yourself for the week, if they won't go and buy it. Hmmmmmm.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dynastygal

Vegan...

@Sweet-rasmus,

Thanks for the info. I've been told that tin foil is a good insulation so I might try that too.

I wonder if mini thermos flasks can be bought?! That would do the trick too :) I suppose most are too bulky and too much effort to lug around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I wonder if mini thermos flasks can be bought?!

Yes! Can't remember where I got my one though, sorry! But they do exist!

Advertisement