Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

That means your doing the exam in 2009!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

That means your doing the exam in 2009!!
    ....I'm well aware of that. and beside that there is a blank where exam number should be.

But like I said before, its not important, so lets just chillax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

Jammyc wrote: »
    there is a blank where exam number should be.

as far as i know not 100% on this, but its to do with if u filled out ur cao before u got ur exam number but like u said makes no odds they sort that out for u:)

as far as i know not 100% on this, but its to do with if u filled out ur cao before u got ur exam number but like u said makes no odds they sort that out for u:)
    Ah right, cool thanks.

just wondering are people thinking off changing around there cao???
    and also u know the way u have to pay 10 euro now does that go away?? like closer to the l.c or during??

• Advertisement

and also u know the way u have to pay 10 euro now does that go away?? like closer to the l.c or during??
    It opens again for changing in May, and its free then.:D

Jammyc wrote: »
    It opens again for changing in May, and its free then.:D

oh yay, thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

i ve no idea what i ve put down...forgotten them already
    i only want

Law and business in TCD
    business n law in UCD
    commerce in UCC..

and i put them some random things after that as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Law - TCD
    Law & Business - TCD
    Law - UCD
    Business & Law - UCD
    Primary Teaching - St. Pats

:D

i am kinda i am with u...

but i sincerely hope u get ur 1st opinion
    then it wud be one less competition for me :plol

Ye I'm changing it around but my first is still my first tho

• Advertisement

my first is still my first tho

my first might be my 4th and second might be 1st and 10th 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Im going for biological and chemical sciences in UCC!!!and thats the only one im really thinking of!have others down but have no real desire to do them but just incase it all goes horribly wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

1huge1 wrote: »
    So your able to predict the jobs market for that sector in 4 or so years, thats an impressive skill you have there.

well bstoran has a fair point, it is well known that the country is flooded with too many physiotherapists, we were reading an article from a paper in school the other day and out of like 115 graduates in physio less than 20 of them had been able to find a job in it after 6 months, thats what the paper said!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

well bstoran has a fair point, it is well known that the country is flooded with too many physiotherapists, we were reading an article from a paper in school the other day and out of like 115 graduates in physio less than 20 of them had been able to find a job in it after 6 months, thats what the paper said!:eek:

have to agree, my sister is in Physio in UCD and the vast majority of her class are resigned to the fact that if they are to get work as a proper physio then they will probably have to emigrate. There were no jobs for physios before the recission so I doubt the HSE are going to be increasing the amount of jobs. Also there is a hiring freeze in place in the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Medicine-UCD
    Veterinary medicine-UCD
    Seriously can't figure out who i like more, animals or humans:)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

I've basically filled mine up with engineering courses. The top being the omnibus in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Medicine
    Economics & Math - TCD

I can't decide which one I'd prefer since they're both completely different..

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Mazletov wrote: »
    If you would only be doing Communications for the sake of the Film and TV based modules, then you're right in putting Film and TV IADT as your first choice. Personally, Communications is more appealing because of the career opportunities and the possiblilty of one of their MA's (Scriptwriting....etc.). But in communications they dabble in psychology and lots of strange areas, so if Film and TV is really your thing then leave your CAO as it is.

Also, if you're interested in more the production aspect of film and tv then communications isn't that great. Multimedia in DCU covers more of the production side than communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Financial Maths in UCC is first, pure maths in TCD second (but if I don't get my first choice I won't get my second).

I have chosen what is by far my weakest subject in school to try to continue at third level, the madness of it all.

If the maths lets me down, I'll be going for Accounting in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I have chosen what is by far my weakest subject in school to try to continue at third level, the madness of it all.
    Why do you want to do maths if it's your weakest subject? o.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Just because it's his weakest doesn't mean that he doesn't like it, or even that he's bad it for that matter. Just sayin'. I know people who like subjects that they're atrocious at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Heggy wrote: »
    Just because it's his weakest doesn't mean that he doesn't like it, or even that he's bad it for that matter. Just sayin'. I know people who like subjects that they're atrocious at.
    True... might make college somewhat tricky, but I can see how it might happen... I like playing the violin but lord knows I'm not very good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Why do you want to do maths if it's your weakest subject? o.O
    Heggy wrote: »

I have to agree with PFM. Sounds like the guy is trying to predict where the jobs will be in 4 years or what seems to be a good job rather than doing what he likes. Bad idea in my opinion. You want a job you will enjoy doing. You don't want to spend all of your days pulling your hair out solving equations just because it will put a nicer brand of bread on your table.

We all have subjects we like but are not v. good at but you cant draw a relationship between that and not being good at a subject and liking it. It dosen't work both ways. I think Richard is mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

True... might make college somewhat tricky, but I can see how it might happen... I like playing the violin but lord knows I'm not very good at it.

Yep, musical instruments are probably the best example of that for people.
    We all have subjects we like but are not v. good at but you cant draw a relationship between that and not being good at a subject and liking it. It doesn't work both ways. I think Richard is mad!

Well, my point was also that he could still be good at it, but it would be his weakest subject, like having everything A1s and an A2 or B1 in Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

I should clarify. Maths is my weakest subject but I should still get the HB3 needed to get into the course, so although I know its going to be very tough, I should get by in the course and in any job I find with it after college.

It is also my favourite subject too, I find it interesting and stimulating and all the rest, moreso than English or Chemistry for example, even though I will probably get higher marks in those two subjects.

Anyway, if my maths results aren't good enough to be up to scratch in college, I won't get into the course anyway (being able to get a B3 is a good enough standard, according to the lecturers I asked, and I asked a LOT!). In that case I should get into Accounting, which is more numbers, but quite a lot more manageable.

There is method to the madness, I assure you.

:rolleyes:Well then go for it.

1. TR087 Business Studies and Russian

Well I'm bored so I thought I'd bump my thread:D:D

Changed my CAO (again) for the last time.

any1 else change theirs

2. TR089 Business Studies and Polish 3. DC149 International Business and Languages (Japanese) 4. DC155 Applied Language and Intercultural Studies 5. DC231 International Relations 6. TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies 7. DN018 Commerce (International) - with Spanish 8. DN019 Commerce (International) - with Italian 9. MH404 Business and Management 10. MH101 Arts

Edit: Don't know why it came out the way it did. Fixed it up best I could

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Yeah, changed mine.

Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. TR264 English Literature/Modern Irish
    2. TR509 Modern Irish/Philosophy
    3. TR015 Philosophy, Political Science, Economics and Sociology
    4. TR014 Philosophy and Political Science
    5. TR020 Law and Political Science
    6. TR512 Modern Irish/Sociology
    7. TR005 Philosophy
    8. TR022 Early and Modern Irish
    9. MH101 Arts
    10. GY101 Arts

Ok, this has been on my mind for a while, it mightn't make sense, but just if anyone has some thoughts on it...

My CAO: medicine in galway followed by medicine in UCD....then a loada other stuff, but its the 1st 2 that applies here:

Say with the HPAT and all that this year, the combined HPAT + LC requirements is higher in galway than in UCD, seeing as theres about 90 places in galway and 120 in UCD.

Say I dont reach the requirement for Galway, but I reach it for UCD. Would all the people who had UCD as their first choice and also reach the requirements get in before me?

I dunno if that makes any sense, my careers teacher was kinda like WHAAAAA? when I asked her.....:confused::confused:

I don't think so as Galway would just be cancelled if yoy know what I mean and UCD would become ur "first choice" so as long as u meet the requirements u get in.

I MITE BE WRONG THO but I'm also sure that's the way it works.

Good Luck nyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    I don't think so as Galway would just be cancelled if yoy know what I mean and UCD would become ur "first choice" so as long as u meet the requirements u get in.

I MITE BE WRONG THO but I'm also sure that's the way it works.

Good Luck nyway

Thanks! I dunno, its wrecking my head and i've probably just made it all the more complicated :o

Good luck yourself, choosing between Russian, Polish, Japanese, Spanish and Italian eh?! :rolleyes: I'd go for Japanese....:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement