Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on your CAO??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Heggy wrote: »
    You're doing the same course? Or you're doing another less popular course?

Different... it's bus. with japanese... the japanese part is what throws people

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

I know a guy who's doing Japanese for the Leaving, his brother lives in Japan, and everyone round here thinks it's pretty cool.

I know a guy who's doing Japanese for the Leaving, his brother lives in Japan, and everyone round here thinks it's pretty cool.
    Ye I don't know it's jus the way they react to it...jus like shock or something like that:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

You can add in courses as long as they're not restricted - like medicine where you had to do an aptitude test or like art or music where you would need a portfolio or interview :) check on your cao book that none of the courses you want have restricted next to them!!:D

Thank you!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

1. DN005 Veterinary Medicine
    2. TR006 Psychology- being removed come May!
    3. TR055 Radiation Therapy- as is this
    4. DC165 Science International (German AND chemistry, ftw)
    5. DN012 Arts
    6. DN008 Science
    7. DN069 Modern Languages
    8. DN046 Animal Science
    9.DN055 English
    10. DL241 English, Media and Cultural Studies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tea-spoon

1. DN006 Physiotherapy
    2. TR053 Physiotherapy
    3. RC004 Physiotherapy
    4. DN037 Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences
    5. DC204 Athletic Therapy and Training
    6. TR071 Science
    7. DN008 Science
    8. DC197 Biomedical Engineering
    9. DN012 Arts
    10. DT205 Mathematical Sciences

anyone doin the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Out of interest for anyone who is/will be doing a mathematics course in college...I do like maths but the only thing I have really seen that is maths orientated but not 'pure maths' besides actuarial science. I'm sure im just ignorant of a wealth of oppertunity awaiting mathematically orientated people? (hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Des23 wrote: »
    Out of interest for anyone who is/will be doing a mathematics course in college...I do like maths but the only thing I have really seen that is maths orientated but not 'pure maths' besides actuarial science. I'm sure im just ignorant of a wealth of oppertunity awaiting mathematically orientated people? (hopefully!)
    What are you asking exactly? Aside from the financial side, engineering/physics etc. is pretty maths-full. I'd say Computer Science is based on maths as well, but from what my friends in CS have told me, the maths content is actually somewhat low.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Jaysus does everyone put UCD Arts in just in case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

What kind of teacher does that. She just supposed to help you, not put you down :mad:(unless she's trying some sort of strange reverse psychology technoque or something)

you lern to not pay atention to her, but some times its urg, just finished my mocks and no where near the 480 i need :confused: ah well maybe i will magicly get it some how :D

• Advertisement

you lern to not pay atention to her, but some times its urg, just finished my mocks and no where near the 480 i need :confused: ah well maybe i will magicly get it some how :D

Why do you need 480?? It's the mocks... jus make sure you get it in the real thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Lets see here

1. TR076 Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials
    2. TR071 Science
    3. TR032 Engineering
    4. CK408 Physics and Astrophysics
    5. CK602 Civil and Environmental Engineering
    6. CK603 Energy Engineering
    7. CK407 Mathematical Sciences
    8. DC171 Applied Physics
    9. DC167 Physics with Astronomy
    10. DC200 Common Entry into Engineering (Undenominated Entry)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

phasers wrote: »
    Jaysus does everyone put UCD Arts in just in case?

What's wrong with a safety net?
    (Modern & Old Irish in TCD is mine, but there's nothing wrong one:pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭blahblahblah.

Why do you need 480??

well it would be nice to get it and it would be nice to even get close to it but yeah theres plenty off time i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Wow so many of you Dubs have really no interest going anywhere besides Dublin, You do realise there are 3 other great universities outside the Pale, seriously UL, UCC and NUIG.

Just my opinion thinking that getting away and trying somewhere different is so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I have NUIG down, but I really really don't want to have to go to Galway.
    You say exciting, I hear abandoned in the countryside. :p.

Not a chance in hell you'll see me in Limerick or Cork though.

papu wrote:
    1. TR076 Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials

Nice choice. :D
    Shoudn't be too hard to get into that, the points are lower than every other science course in Trinity. Unless there's an upsurge in popularity.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Wow so many of you Dubs have really no interest going anywhere besides Dublin, You do realise there are 3 other great universities outside the Pale, seriously UL, UCC and NUIG.

Just my opinion thinking that getting away and trying somewhere different is so much fun.

Cause everywhere outside Dublin is jus a step down... but really, it's easier to jus stay in Dublin and not have to pay rent etc. Also (and this is a fact, not saying it to rile u) but the best colledges are in Dublin, or highest ranked at least
    I have NUIG down, but I really really don't want to have to go to Galway.
    You say exciting, I hear abandoned in the countryside. :p.

Not a chance in hell you'll see me in Limerick or Cork though.

Agree with this, Galway don't seem too bad

Nice choice. :D
    Shoudn't be too hard to get into that, the points are lower than every other science course in Trinity. Unless there's an upsurge in popularity.

Yeah thought I had found a nice little unknown one , Seems more popular than i thought , Good luck and hope to see you in october?

papu wrote:
    Yeah thought I had found a nice little unknown one , Seems more popular than i thought , Good luck and hope to see you in october?

Do you know of any others who picked it? Yeah, good luck, and see you there. Trinity starts later than everyone else doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Do you know of any others who picked it? Yeah, good luck, and see you there. Trinity starts later than everyone else doesn't it?

Nope none except the ones I've seen here , it sure does!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fad wrote: »
    What's wrong with a safety net?
    (Modern & Old Irish in TCD is mine, but there's nothing wrong one:pac:)

Nothing wrong with it, I have it down too. I just have this horrible vision of points shooting up to 500 or something because all these geniuses might not get their first choices :pac:

phasers wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it, I have it down too. I just have this horrible vision of points shooting up to 500 or something because all these geniuses might not get their first choices :pac:

Nah doubt the points will go up at all as there is so many places allocated to Arts. Also arts is a whole range of subjects as you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

do you think that pharmacy will go down or up next year

Im in 5th year ,I have researched the points and its between 520-550.The max I can get is 520 AND thats impossible as Ill have to get 6 A1s,I do 3 ORD subjects,there the most needed subjects english irish maths.

Maths I want to do HL but teacher is crazy and stupid,got A in junior cert ORD level,We were divided into ORD and HL in 2nd yr and I was getting 75-85% in chirstmas and summer exams.I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED but Im sill not allowed to move,now I got 98% in chrs exam and class exams I get 90-100%

I just wanted to take out my angery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

1. GY250 Corporate Law 2. GY101 Arts 3. GY201 Commerce 4. GY103 Arts (Public and Social Policy) 5. CK301 Law 6. GY251 Civil Law 7. CK204 Finance 8. TR081 Business, Economic and Social Studies 9. TR202 Economics/History 10. TR212 Economics/Sociology:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

what wrong with economics and sociology?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

1huge1 wrote: »

How would I pay for it, cant really expect my parents pay rent went TCD is 17 minutes away on the train.

Also the fact that its a better university has nothing to do with it :p

I can understand your point of view but the cost involved and the fact that Im so close to TCD and UCD, why would I want to go to Galway or Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

ayumi wrote: »

Im in 5th year ,I have researched the points and its between 520-550.The max I can get is 520 AND thats impossible as Ill have to get 6 A1s,I do 3 ORD subjects,there the most needed subjects english irish maths.

Maths I want to do HL but teacher is crazy and stupid,got A in junior cert ORD level,We were divided into ORD and HL in 2nd yr and I was getting 75-85% in chirstmas and summer exams.I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED but Im sill not allowed to move,now I got 98% in chrs exam and class exams I get 90-100%

I just wanted to take out my angery :)

Pharmacy will probably go down because there's too much pharmacists right now. There's just not enough demand so I'd watch out for that.

Also, if you think you should do HL maths, I think you definitely should try. Do try persuading your teacher as much as you can and talk to other teachers too. If you really can't get a place, try getting grinds. Then again, OL and HL maths are completely different but you should definitely have a go at it if you're capable.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

in short,my teacher cant move me but the head MATHS teacher can and she is nice and all but I have tried asking her to moving since I started 5th yr but I still cant.But I see that the teachers are bad and stupid ,they move others to the HL class and wen I ask the answer is NO! all the time.

I JUST HAVE TO MOVE ON AND DO ANOTHER COURSE,ITS ALL MY FAULT FOR DOING ORD ENGLISH MATHS AND IRISH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'd think that it'll go up.
    Because..
    It's a pretty safe option... people are gearing away from the likes of engineering.
    Also, there's a lot of people applying for medicine this year who, due to the whole HPAT system, won't get it. A lot of these people may have very high points but may fúck up the aptitude (Possibly, but hopefully not, me) and have Pharmacy as their next option.

Noes?

I JUST HAVE TO MOVE ON AND DO ANOTHER COURSE,ITS ALL MY FAULT FOR DOING ORD ENGLISH MATHS AND IRISH

Yeah? Who else could you really blame for this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement