Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE1 at 1900 3rd Jan

• 03-01-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Andy O'mahony interview with A Dukes and Ml. D Higgins

My bet is that Higgins will say that this is 'very important' before 1915

Counting down........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Little bollox didn't..... 0-1 The Flutt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It was close though.

He's an unxious little bollix alright.

Good to hear Andy 'OneVoice' being wheeled out though.
    But overall a damp squib affair.

Yes it was, used a few different variations like 'this is interesting' and wasn't roused up enough for the 'this is most important' statement.

Andy does a few shows now at obscure times.

Must say listening to Mick D and Alan 'droning voice' Dukes trading the 'three syllablers' almost made me poop my panties:mad::mad:

Not bumping this but the"Lovable elf" Michael D was on this morning circa 1140 on Pat Kenny and the little bantam cock didn't disappoint the "terribly important" "very important" "most important" all the frikken importants were flying goodoo when he got up a head of steam:D

restored my faith in my judgement:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

was listening, thinking of this thread :)

• Advertisement

Listen to the Flutther Teebs and you won't go far wrong.

tbh wrote: »
    was listening, thinking of this thread :)
    Same as. Gickhead D. was popping up and down. Fuming! Clouds pregnant with rain etc. The Israeli was a smooth operator, stelth like a Mossad agent. "This is very important"...oh fcuk off.

Excellent work Flutter.

Indeed indeed, Israeli guy never turned a hair,and I could imagine the "loveable elf" popping up and down like a frikken jack in the box over in Galway as he sprayed fcukin knowledge and academic buckshot all over the gaff.

Always wondered while Galway was immersed in a dirty water scandal last year there was not a peep,not a frikken peep, as far as I know, from the "loveable elf" Zilch, Null,Nada.

'Spose the per diems for a trip to Mutton island wouldn't match Gaza City:cool:

Your right there...not a mention from him. Boucher should have gone looking for him instead (end of a rainbow sitting on a pot of gold quaffing Vueve Cliqoute presumably?) Just to hear the little fecker pronounce cryptosperidium would have been worth it.

The Israeli was on top form..."may I call you by your first name?".

The blue shirt was probably in the launderette that day:cool:

• Advertisement

As this thread doesn't really have a topic, did you hear Dr Briscoe on Jaaaaaoo Duffy a few days ago, fcuker single handedly was a major recruiter for Hammas.

Strident fooker, would have bunted a soft noser up his hole myself, and I am not a violent person.

Did not do the Israeli cause any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed indeed, Israeli guy never turned a hair,and I could imagine the "loveable elf" popping up and down like a frikken jack in the box over in Galway as he sprayed fcukin knowledge and academic buckshot all over the gaff.

Always wondered while Galway was immersed in a dirty water scandal last year there was not a peep,not a frikken peep, as far as I know, from the "loveable elf" Zilch, Null,Nada.

'Spose the per diems for a trip to Mutton island wouldn't match Gaza City:cool:

Great stuff :D

I wanted to quote that lest you suddenly think better of it :D

As this thread doesn't really have a topic, did you hear Dr Briscoe on Jaaaaaoo Duffy a few days ago, fcuker single handedly was a major recruiter for Hammas.

Strident fooker, would have bunted a soft noser up his hole myself, and I am not a violent person.

Did not do the Israeli cause any good.
    I did hear him yeah and fully agree. His niece had a letter read out a few days previous to uncle Dan the man's flapping about and that wasn't any better either.
    I thought the Palestine guy very eloquent though and that threw Dan Briscoe off quite a bit.

In keeping with the loose form of thread- mooney had an excellent piece today interviewing a WW2 concentration camp Jewish escapee. Very well done by Mooney. He asked the right questions delivered with the right weighting for his interviewee. Good solid radio.

On other matters: R1 are replaying a documentary tonight. It's on at 10pm and I think it is called Receding Echo. It was originally broadcast in '01 and again last Sunday. The programme is about newspaper sellers in Cork and Dublin. The original recordings are from the early 70's. I enjoyed it hugely on Sunday evening and would recommend a listen to those that like such radio programmes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Yeah - heard the Michael Dee interview and counted at least 5/6 "very importants".

Well spotted Flutter.....could imagine Higgins puffin out the chest an lettin it go ! The Pro-nun-cia-tion was soooo pre-cise and c l i p p e d even if the prose was a tad florid.

Wouldn't think Mutton Island would compare well with Nicaragua / Gaza / Cuba in the Michael Dee scheme of things.

Advertisement