Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

food poisoning!!!

Options
  • 03-01-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

went to a high profile cork restaurant on 29th a dec and ate a pretty ordinary meal. up until today i have been in a terrible state from what i can only assume is food poisoning. i went back to the restaurant to inform them and was told:
    (1)food poisoning couldnt hit that fast and that
    (2)not from their kitchen
    (3)are used to getting criticism as they have a high profile owner-
    WHAT HAS THAT TO DO WITH ANYTHING!!!!! but i was told they would look into it and call me back asap........ im still awaiting that phone call!!!am i missing something but where are good customer relations gone!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

If you think you got food posioning you will need to get a stool sample tested.You will need a piece of the food you ate. (not likely). You must also prove that everything else you ate was well cooked and safe (again not likely). and prove you are not sick from all the Christmas Beer, opps i mean Cheer!!! If you report it to the fsai they might have a list of other people who ate in the same place and same day, and you could get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gracem

i was at the doctor so the sample is taken care of. my partner and a friend of mine suffered the same. its not proving it the bothers me its their attitude. really defensive which i found ridiculous

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

post in the Cork forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=478

and here

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/

If you 'scour' Cork for evidence it will do the trick :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you report it to the fsai they might have a list of other people who ate in the same place and same day, and you could get somewhere.

The FSAI will tell you to contact your local environmental health officer. They are the people to deal with for food poisoning cases.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

ring Neill Prenderville and complain...

kills many birds with one stone....;)

• Advertisement

gracem wrote: »
    i was at the doctor so the sample is taken care of. my partner and a friend of mine suffered the same.

Have the results from the stool samples returned with positive results? And even if they have, can you be sure that it's from the restaurant? I'm not being negative here, but it would be very unfair to inaccurately accuse the restaurant.

Thread closed as you have posted in two forums.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement