Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap motor insurance ??? where to find it???

Options
  • 03-01-2009 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Ive been given a quote on renewing my insurance on a 1.6 Nissan Almera hatch back previously i had 2 yrs no claims but unfortunately lost it this year when i was liable to a material damage collision. i was also given 5 penalty points and a conviction for careless driving. my insurance has rocketed from €1000 up to € 2420. needless to say it was my own fault for driving in that manner and deserve the consequences but i still do not like the idea of paying so much money for the insurance. the fee was for fully comp insurance and was the lowest i found after doing various online quotations with quinn hibernian fbd various brokers and the likes...

I am wondering if any 1 else has any suggestions to help save a few bob as i really cannot afford the insurance??

any helpful replies will be most appreciated

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

if its a 1.6 almera i'm guessing its getting on a bit. Do you really need fully comp on it? Could save a few squid going 3rd party. I've found mccarthy insurance 025 31199 good recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

123.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 joeybarton=hero

Scottie99 wrote: »
    123.ie

i tried 123.ie but unfortunately with the claim and conviction it wont give me a quote i think it may be a problem with the website or somethin!! cheers anyway tho appreciate it!

EPM wrote: »
    if its a 1.6 almera i'm guessing its getting on a bit. Do you really need fully comp on it? Could save a few squid going 3rd party. I've found mccarthy insurance 025 31199 good recently

Yea its an old enough car alright i mean its only worth about two grand so to insure it is costing more than the value of the car.

ill try that group u mentioned

thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

i tried 123.ie but unfortunately with the claim and conviction it wont give me a quote i think it may be a problem with the website or somethin!! cheers anyway tho appreciate it!

bestquote.ie ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Would you consider dropping down to a 1.2/1.4? Not sure if it'll save you much but could be worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

With a claim or conviction you are probably wasting your time trying to get a quote online.

You will need to ring the insurance companies directly but to be honest with a conviction and 5 penalty points your options will be limited and not cheap.

bazz26 wrote: »
    With a claim or conviction you are probably wasting your time trying to get a quote online.

You will need to ring the insurance companies directly but to be honest with a conviction and 5 penalty points your options will be limited and not cheap.

ok thanks !! so any suggestions of brokers etc???

Advertisement