Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Connell Street protest

Options
  • 03-01-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I heard there was a protest in O'Connell Street today. I'm assuming it was one of the pro-Palestine protest that took place throughout Ireland and the UK today, can anyone confirm this? Also, what group organised it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Is Ireland involved in the middle east politics? In what way if so? I find it hard to get information on the news and in the papers here, always have to watch dutch and british news for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

It was organised by the IPSC(Irish Palestinian Solidarity Campign) It was more of a peace vigil than a protest, where their was distribution of information leaflets about what is going on in gaza, and speeches from the mayor of sligo and IPSC representatives.

Was a good demonstration and there was about 100 or so people gathered around and many shoppers stopping at one stage or another to listen to the speeches being made. Was a good turnout and good to see local councillors coming out in support aswell, namely Declan Bree and Sean McManus.

Advertisement