Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TOP 10 MPV,S

Options
  • 03-01-2009 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, any idea what your thoughts are on the top 10 mpv cars around thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It depends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

They're all terrible? :D

/sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Here is the top five list for buying new or used MPVs according to What Car magazine, which you might find useful - the site includes reviews of each and some videos too.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews-by-type.aspx?RG=5

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Here is the top five list for buying new or used MPVs according to What Car magazine, which you might find useful - the site includes reviews of each and some videos too.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews-by-type.aspx?RG=5

The problem with that and many other lists is it's too all encomapssing. Like ninetyniner says, it depends. I'll use the Renault range as an example as that what I'm most familair with, the list includes the Kangoo in car form, the Scenic and Grand Scenic plus the Espace. That covers 3 different classes of car and 4 price points. It's toowide and varied. Without knowign how many people the OP wants to carry, with how many child seats (and what type, booster or full infant seats)

It's like sayign whats the best car between the fiesta , the focus and the mondeo. Each one could be the best dependign on what the buyer wants in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It does really depend on what you are looking for in an MPV.

How many children do you have - will you need the 7 seats of will 5 do the job?

How much boot space do you need? Most 7 seaters do not afford much boot space.

The ultimate, in my humble opinion, is the Espace, but if 5 seats is enough then the C4 Picasso 5 seat should do the job. If you occasionally carry quite a few adults then you'll find the C4 Picasso 7 seat a lot more roomier than the Zafira. If you constantly need to swap between 7 and 5 seats the the Zafira may well be the MPV for you.......

So many choices - but they have to suit your needs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

crosstownk wrote: »
    The ultimate, in my humble opinion, is the Espace
    Hmmm. We have an espace in work (it doubles as a customer carrier and a van if you take the seats out) but I have to say, while versatile, it genuinely is the most dissatisfyingly horrible thing I have ever driven. It's like driving a couch balanced on top of a water bed. I don't know if others are any better but I've had more satisfaction driving a transit or a lwb mecerdes van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭inmate2

ok sorry from a 5 seater what would it be out of 10 and from a 7 seater what would it be thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

SteveC wrote: »
    Hmmm. We have an espace in work (it doubles as a customer carrier and a van if you take the seats out) but I have to say, while versatile, it genuinely is the most dissatisfyingly horrible thing I have ever driven. It's like driving a couch balanced on top of a water bed. I don't know if others are any better but I've had more satisfaction driving a transit or a lwb mecerdes van.

By ultimate I meant versatile. I do agree that it won't handle like a saloon car, but MPVs aren't really designed with top notch handling in mind.

inmate2 wrote: »
    ok sorry from a 5 seater what would it be out of 10 and from a 7 seater what would it be thanks
    As has been said, why do you want it? is it for transporting kids of for going on camping trips..?
    Seriously, more information = more sound advice..:)

Advertisement