Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contemporary tattoo design?

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Im thinking about getting a sleave type tattoo done, but i cant for the life of me find any examples of the type of image i want anywhere online.

Im looking to do a contemporary,modern, angular design. I dont want any swirls or celtic designs. Id like it to be like an abstract painting maybe, you know, clean lines and simple use of colour. Even a pattern based design or carefully placed squares or cubes.

I know i can talk to the guys doing it and try get them to design something, but i wanted to have a gander online at a few examples before i go to the ink shop. Does anybody have any good links where i can see examples of what im looking for? There doesnt seem to be a scene for the contemporary designs at all. Its all swirls and dragons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Im thinking about getting a sleave type tattoo done, but i cant for the life of me find any examples of the type of image i want anywhere online.

Im looking to do a contemporary,modern, angular design. I dont want any swirls or celtic designs. Id like it to be like an abstract painting maybe, you know, clean lines and simple use of colour. Even a pattern based design or carefully placed squares or cubes.

I know i can talk to the guys doing it and try get them to design something, but i wanted to have a gander online at a few examples before i go to the ink shop. Does anybody have any good links where i can see examples of what im looking for? There doesnt seem to be a scene for the contemporary designs at all. Its all swirls and dragons.

Check out Eschers work (artist). Alot of his work is patterns.
    Also, google image search 'cubism' and you might find something like what you're after.
    It wasn't all about putting peoples noses in the wrong place ;)

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Ahh yes, cubism. I should have thought of that. Just had a quick look at Escher aswell, deffo food for thought. Nice one!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

have a look here... http://www.boucherie-traditionnelle.com/
    a bit different to a lot of the usual designs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

what you are describing isn't "contemporary", its modernist.

contemporary would proabably be something post-modern, and I'd say that all the neo-traditional, tongue-in-cheek work that is coming out of the US at the moment would qualify as just that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Bugs stuff is cubist (I think??) and definitely very different and interesting so check him out. I like the Boucherie moderne stuff aswell. Definitely want to see pictures of this sleeve once its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

those sort of tattoos on the boucherie remind me of the web sites, toothpaste for dinner and exploding dog.

the boucherie has some amazing stuff i must say

Advertisement