Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering in Cork

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey guys, i'd like to volunteer to do some sort of charity work in Cork city during the week, I'm pretty flexible , wouldnt mind wokrin in a shop, keepin people company, visiting the elderly. I work with kids full time so wouldnt really like to work with them on my spare time too. any ideas people?ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Sounds like the secret millionaire! Ever since I've seen that show I begin to wonder about volunteers!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mags345

am sorry i'm lost in the last comment there with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mags345 wrote: »
    am sorry i'm lost in the last comment there with you!

he is perpetuating the idea that all volunteers are loaded and do it simply to pass the time. in my case its true, except for the being loaded part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

you should call into enable ireland on princes street ask for joyce or claire theyre very nice and are always short staffed,i volunteered there for a while nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mags345

thanks sunshine. will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

On this topic I' wonder if someone knows if is there any society for the homeless running a shop or similia round Cork City...thank you :)

Advertisement