Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Shops up North

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there are any decent rc model shops up in the North that stock model helicopters? Do you think buying online from UK sites is still cheaper with shipping costs factored in?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Marcio.souza

kifi wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any decent rc model shops up in the North that stock model helicopters? Do you think buying online from UK sites is still cheaper with shipping costs factored in?

Cheers

I dont know any shop only for helicopters,i fly a t-rex 600,its impossible to find in ireland spare parts for the t-rex,UK i dont think is the cheapest way to buy,usually i buy from China or USA,in america i buy from this website,www.readyheli.com or this one www.flying-hobby.com always send to me as "gift",so i dont need to pay any fee at the customs here in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

i fly a t-rex 600,its impossible to find in ireland spare parts for the t-rex,UK i dont think is the cheapest way to buy,usually i buy from China or USA in,america i buy from this website,www.readyheli.com or this one www.flying-hobby.com always send to me as "gift",so i dont need to pay any fee at the customs here in ireland.

Usualy I would agree with this statment, however with the sterling so week, UK shops could be cheaper. I picked at random the main shaft for a 600, its 11.70 with fly-hobby and 12.10 with ready-heli. I was able to find the same item for 11.10 at UK site... advise would be, shop around for best price..

Good point about marking item as a gift, A number of shops will do it if asked..

Advertisement