Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n97

• 03-01-2009 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Just read about this device.
    It looks very cool-
    slide-out keyboard/ 3.5' tilting touchscreen, GPS, hsdpa, wifi, 5mp camera, 32gb internal and memory, microsd slot.

Anyone getting one?
    What's the release date- i heard before the summer sometime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Yeah there's a couple of great vids on youtube of this. Really impressive looking device, and hopefully functioning well too,

According to Nokia it's due for release for the 1st half of '09, so I wouldn't expect to see it til Autumn.

I was gonna get the 5800, but there's no point when you see this phone.

Any info on price???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It looks good, so did the N96, but yet everyone knows it's way behind the n95.

Lets hope this meets expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

mkennedy wrote: »
    Just read about this device.
    It looks very cool-
    slide-out keyboard/ 3.5' tilting touchscreen, GPS, hsdpa, wifi, 5mp camera, 32gb internal and memory, microsd slot.

Anyone getting one?
    What's the release date- i heard before the summer sometime.

There is a lot of information in the N97 thread here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Rsaeire wrote: »
    There is a lot of information in the N97 thread here.

Yeah, fair enough.
    Mods, feel free to merge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

coghlac3 wrote: »
    Yeah there's a couple of great vids on youtube of this. Really impressive looking device, and hopefully functioning well too,

According to Nokia it's due for release for the 1st half of '09, so I wouldn't expect to see it til Autumn.

I was gonna get the 5800, but there's no point when you see this phone.

Any info on price???

i have a feeling it could cost anything between 700 and 800 euro:eek: which in my opinion would be no suprise because any nokia n series or e series for that matter do not come cheap, the n96 when it came out not so long ago was the guts of 600 euro. i think it has dropped a small bit now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

IIRC it is supposed to come out sim free in the UK on 31st March for something like £500, if retailer timetables are anything to go by. Play had it on the website before they removed the crucial information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I just hope someone manages to get android onto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Something about it is offputting for me.

I'm going to wait until the E75 is out.

Advertisement