Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memories: Like the Shadows of My Mind

Options
  • 03-01-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

I was googling things to kill time and I came across this. Does this bring back memories for anyone or am I the only one still on this forum and not a funking mod of it ;)

[edit] The UCD 20
    There was once a thread called Disabled Bathroom sex...Yes it happens. Well ladies and gents, the amiable boardies of UCD were asked to give their experiences regarding sex in UCD's disabled bathrooms , but failed miserably and descended into a general pit of debauchary and bad posting. There were warnings and a peace deal was offered but the off topic posting continued. On a Thursday morning, 10 awoke to the unfamilar feeling of being unable to post on the UCD forum.The next morning a further ten were banned when it was confirmed to truckle as to exactly when the thread was moved out of the UCD Forum. This was they day that the UCD 20 came into being. 19 were banned for a week - one poster, Stepherunie was indefinately banned but subsquently reinstated after a week and lots of ass kissing, after singingstranger had initially been mistakenly identified as the user in the question and been handed the ban. Another poster initially banned, (irlrobins), was able to argue his way out of it. However he was subsequently ratted out by peachypants and his ban reinstated. He has since plotted his revenge... Antsionnach, the boardsie who started the thread was banned for his involvement, but subsequently reinstated due to the lack of spamming he had actually been involved in.

There was a serious fall in posting that week - the forum, some say, has never been the same. All we know is that we were the UCD 20, a bond that will hold us together forever...

Which reminds me this is also from the same page regarding modship of the forum

Then peachypants replaced uberwolf. Then hullaballoo replaced peachypants. The big surprise would have to be who would replace Truckle. A popular poll predicted Grimes, but in the end the powers that be picked Sangre!

Injustice !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

When did all this happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Yes you are, and thank you, you've made me feel ever so slightly less old. Although I'm fairly sure all that happened not so long before I set up camp here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, the 20 was before my time. I was also in that poll though, and lost. Then ended up being the next mod, whoda thunk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

This was in or around March '06 right?

.....I remember having a few good chuckles at the thread as it developed, and the inevitable fallout. What escapes my memory though, is what was the mad tangent y'all went off on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No chance of that happening now anyway, theres barely 20 posters on this most times anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was around at that time too. I vaguely remember that thread.

Random useless fact: I organised the first UCD boards beers. 4 people turned up.

(I do also believe that this proves I have been in UCD for WAY too long)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Yeah, I was around back then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

doesn't really even seem that long ago, I remember that. Wierd it was nearly 3 years ago. Crazy, in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

3 years ago?! Bloody hell!

The beers used to be great fun. I remember my first one...myself, Sebthebum, Blondie and Red Alert. Great laugh. You people don't make enough effort these days!

I still have my lighter (<3)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You kept the lighter?

Awwwww thats so sweet.:p

I still have the Chocolate Stout buttons that we were messing with, and I have the beer mat that myself and Scraggs reviewed beer on.

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Oh I was one, them's were the days. It remains my only ban on boards (so far...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

This thread not viewable anymore then no?
    Sounds pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Wow wow lets focus on more important things here, they make chocolate stout buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Great topic that auld disabled toilet sex. Ya could probably have a gangbang in the main arts block one? Its feckin huge

Ban me? Ban me? How dare they ban me? I made UCD!!!! I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddde UCD!!!!!!!!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Brimmy wrote: »
    Wow wow lets focus on more important things here, they make chocolate stout buttons?
    Plastic buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Plastic buttons.

Now I'm just confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Brimmy wrote: »
    Now I'm just confused.

As in badges.

I woke up the next day and the straps on my bag were covered with them. I had also stabbed myself (a lot) while drunkenly putting them on.

Of course I kept the lighter. Tis lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Is Sebthebum still around? The last time I saw him he was making me late for a final year exam!

I can also remember that thread. I'm old. F*ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I remember, I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Good times, man good times....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I was a boards member and in UCD but didn't frequent the UCD forum at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

Yeah, I remember. Logging on one evening to discover a strangely quiet UCD forum. And then reading the message.

It was funny.

To be honest, though, that incident, when it sank in, was a good part of the reason I just didn't keep posting here. I still think it was bad moderation. I've never seen anything like it, in all 6 years of my internet addiction.

Advertisement