Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning DVD with no receipt

Options
  • 03-01-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi,

Got the latest apres match dvd as a xmas present. Not really into them at all tbh. It's still inside the plastic and I was wondering can I take it back to tower, hmv, zavvi etc with no receipt. I'm not sure who gave it to me as i got quite a few dvds from a good few relations/friends, so I can't get a receipt.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You need a receipt. Doesn't sound like you even know where it came from!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

yeah but its a present , you wouldnt have the reciept
    i have often and even last week returned a dvd here in
    galway (zhivago) that i got as a pressie no bother....
    am sure if you ask you have nothing to lose eh...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Yeah I don't know!!
    Must have gotten 12 or 13 different dvds on xmas morning. Probably should have kept a note on who gave me what but I got carried away opening them in the heat of the moment;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

You could have stolen it half an hour before, the only indication staff would have that it was actually bought (or eh stolen, since you've no proof otherwise) is the label on the front. Your only hope is to beg for an exchange/credit note. Doubtful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

I here in Argos all you need is a witness to you buying it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No matter where you got it from they don't have to accept it back by law, so even if you know the store its only out of the kindness of there heart that they'd take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're not sure where it came from, then it's not entirely decent to take it into any old store.

Try selling it on adverts.ie or eBay.

Advertisement