Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Post While Watching Thread (CBB6 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Result.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Snap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Seemingly , Tommy said something not so nice about America, after they had watched Obama.
    In that case she was 100% right. I hate when foreign people criticise Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seemingly , Tommy said something not so nice about America, after they had watched Obama.
    Ann22 wrote: »
    In that case she was 100% right. I hate when foreign people criticise Ireland.

Switch it round though.
    Sharpy and Ann, you are on the Irish edition of Big Brother. The 3 contenders from England have been getting all dewey-eyed watching the wedding of PrinceWilliam and Katy and talking about how great their country is.

Could you resist a few digs about 1916, 800 years of oppression, the famine etc? Most people in Ireland wouldn't be able to resist having a pop. Tommy the political activist and anti-capitalist is much the same.
    I don't agree with his politics but the Yanks should accept it without getting huffy, free speech being such a pillar of their society.

P.S. I'd vote for ye by the way :pac:

Switch it round though.
    Sharpy and Ann, you are on the Irish edition of Big Brother. The 3 contenders from England have been getting all dewey-eyed watching the wedding of PrinceWilliam and Katy and talking about how great their country is.

Could you resist a few digs about 1916, 800 years of oppression, the famine etc? Most people in Ireland wouldn't be able to resist having a pop. Tommy the political activist and anti-capitalist is much the same.
    I don't agree with his politics but the Yanks should accept it without getting huffy, free speech being such a pillar of their society.

:D

I think it was only because it was such an important occasion , that she felt it was rude and unnecessary for anyone to have a pop.

• Advertisement

Switch it round though.

I know what you mean. I'd love to know what he said though. If he was making an intelligent comment then he probably wasn't being disrespectful. She should've argued her point with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I want Terry to win now or maybe Ben.....definitely not Coolio and definitely not Ulrika....sadly Tommy is gone.

(Ann, DH is my husband)

:D

I think it was only because it was such an important occasion , that she felt it was rude and unnecessary for anyone to have a pop.
    I know what you mean. I'd love to know what he said though. If he was making an intelligent comment then he probably wasn't being disrespectful. She should've argued her point with him.

I agree that for the day that was in it he should have left them alone to enjoy it.
    He strikes me as the type who would be incapable of ignoring
    the chance of making a political point.

We'll prob find out afterwards that he came out with a lot of political stuff that wasn't broadcast (theres some impartiality rule that if you give 5 minutes airtime to one persons view then you have to give equal time to the opposite view, and C4 prob couldn't be arsed doing that).

Tommy is the sterotype of the miserable scot to perfection !

Switch it round though.

AJ, I would hardly compare William and Kate getting married to the importance of the first African American President in the history of the United States.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So not watching it anymore :(

monellia did you have enough O's ...I can lend you a few more if ya run out .

We'll prob find out afterwards that he came out with a lot of political stuff that wasn't broadcast (theres some impartiality rule that if you give 5 minutes airtime to one persons view then you have to give equal time to the opposite view, and C4 prob couldn't be arsed doing that).

Really? I didn't know that. I'd say there was a pile of interesting stuff cut out. I was wondering why she was rabbitting on about disrespect. I think I heard Tommy say it was good that it wasn't 'that clown'(Bush) standing up there', God knows what else was said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

latchyco wrote: »
    Ah well , nice body La Toya but as boring as hell me thinks ......bit like tommy

shaniqua-be-all-like.jpg

AJ, I would hardly compare William and Kate getting married to the importance of the first African American President in the history of the United States.:pac:

True, but I was wracking my brain to find an equivalent UK event for comparisons sake and that was the best I could come up with with :p

William and Kate couldent compare with American presidential elect partys ,nothing the royals do ( apart from Queen Abdicating ) ever will either :p

monellia wrote: »
    shaniqua-be-all-like.jpg
    Suppose I should know what that means mon but afraid I dont ?

latchyco wrote: »
    William and Kate couldent compare with American presidential elect partys ,nothing the royals do ( apart from Queen Abdicating ) ever will either :p

Diana's funeral maybe. Earl Spencer's speech? I cried that day.:(

True, but I was wracking my brain to find an equivalent UK event for comparisons sake and that was the best I could come up with with :p

Because there are none , not because there's anything wrong with your memory, there is just nothing to compare it to.:pac:

Diana's funeral maybe. Earl Spencer's speech? I cried that day.:(
    Well it was Tragic yes in the sense of a young ,beautiful ,mother ( princess) struck down in the prime of her life and the utter sadness of the two boys left behind ...motherless ,yes.

( A different matter I know , but Her brother like the butler seemed more intrested in making money for the park and the royal family wouldnt even raise the flag at half mast in respect .That say's a lot about the senior royals imo )

• Advertisement

Just watched bbbm. Your man asked Latoya why she was offended. Tommy said no way was anyone disrespectful during the ceremony, that in his opinion it was a wonderful speech with good content, better than he'd expected. Latoya looked uncomfortable and said herself and Verne thought they were all being disrespectful but didn't elaborate. Tommy looked surprised.

Didn't he also say that he was disrespectful towards America all through the series?

Coolio weeping after viewing Obamas inauguration speech .

How touching :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Poor Verne. The balloon was bigger than him.

BB wasn't thinking at all , why, oh why, was there no helium in that balloon.
    And what was with Ulrika's face , when Coolio said he would help Verne , and hold the balloon for him.
    She didn't look happy, at all.

Yeah, helium would have been great :). Ulrika is always making a face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

thought coolio helping verne showed his good side, he just felt bad for the guy. terrible task to give verne though, poorly thought out by BB IMO.

Ugh, Granny kiss, or Brainfreeze?

zuroph wrote: »
    thought coolio helping verne showed his good side, he just felt bad for the guy. terrible task to give verne though, poorly thought out by BB IMO.

Maybe BB knew of the difficulties Verne would have, and also that if Verne asked for help, Coolio would be the first one there.
    They needed to show Coolio in a good light.

• Advertisement

Jesus, Ulrika is doing a great disservice to Women. The only one thats causing a division is her and her scowls.

Advertisement