Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Post While Watching Thread (CBB6 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I thought Verne was the worst performer in the talent show, an actor who couldn't even get close to remembering 5 lines.

The task was a bit unfair on Lucy, the only one who wasn't allowed utilise the thing(s) which made her famous in the first place.

The talent show brought home how many singers there are this year. No comedian, no sportstar.

Coolio is fantastic entertainment thus far - amazing the way the American males on this show seem to be much less selfconscious than the Brits and just say what they think - Denis Rodman, Dirk A-Team and now Coolio.

I suspect he'll be too polarizing a character to win though. The new Rex.

Edit: Loladub, yep it was Lucy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

eh lucy was by far the worst..
    verne looked very nervous,but verne isnt much of an actor that has alot of lines in his roles tho infairness.....

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

was anybody else embarrassed by tommy's performance? ummm seriously? it was so cringey the way everyone afterwards was like 'wow, he's so intelligent and passionate! he brought up so many original points!! george bush sux!! GOOD MAN TOMMY'... a ten year old wouldn't have had trouble in presenting the same points that he did, said topic has been waved in everyone's face pretty much everyday since the start of the century after all! what he said has been said millions upon millions of times before (and when it was actually topical, it's kind of old news and accepted as truth by now) in a much better way :confused: why was everyone actually impressed

he might have talked about other stuff like nuclear power etc, which he has also campaigned against but it was probably edited out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Meller wrote: »
    was anybody else embarrassed by tommy's performance? ummm seriously? it was so cringey the way everyone afterwards was like 'wow, he's so intelligent and passionate! he brought up so many original points!! george bush sux!! GOOD MAN TOMMY'... a ten year old wouldn't have had trouble in presenting the same points that he did, said topic has been waved in everyone's face pretty much everyday since the start of the century after all! what he said has been said millions upon millions of times before (and when it was actually topical, it's kind of old news and accepted as truth by now) in a much better way :confused: why was everyone actually impressed
    Difference being he says it as a politician, not just as a public speaker. he's trying to do something about it, not just making points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

zuroph wrote: »
    Difference being he says it as a politician, not just as a public speaker. he's trying to do something about it, not just making points.

He has certainly done his time for his belief's.
    Three times in fact.
    I'd say they were impressed because they knew he meant every word.

have to say , i've liked him so far. poor guy hasnt a hope on BB, but its not really his target audience. i suppose, if he can pick up any new supporters at all off the show, its job done for him. fair play.

If he keeps going the way he is , I'd say he will do just that.
    You have to admire a person who will go to prison for the sake of his belief's.
    Many more would have found a way round it.

zuroph wrote: »
    have to say , i've liked him so far. poor guy hasnt a hope on BB, but its not really his target audience. i suppose, if he can pick up any new supporters at all off the show, its job done for him. fair play.

I agree.
    I'd be very much a rightwinger politically speaking and wouldn't have a lot of time for the Marxist Communist views of someone like Tommy.
    But he is clearly passionate about what he believes in and extremely articulate about expressing his opinions and has my admiration for having the guts to go to jail in support of them.
    One of my favs so far, a thinking mans George Galloway.

terry and tommy (and whoever else is listening) are talking about ireland. first it was the famine, then it was the nuns, then it was artain, then it was the famine again... terry knows more about everything than i do though so well done to him lolz? he's been on about it for a good 40 minutes now

• Advertisement

AJ
    You mean he is the dog's boll*x and not a pussy cat.

what annoys me is he'll get booed to high heaven when leaving the house.

Meller wrote: »
    terry and tommy (and whoever else is listening) are talking about ireland. first it was the famine, then it was the nuns, then it was artain, then it was the famine again... terry knows more about everything than i do though so well done to him lolz? he's been on about it for a good 40 minutes now

:D
    Yeah , but he kept calling it " The Magdalena laundries "

* Dances *

AJ
    You mean he is the dog's boll*x and not a pussy cat.

Cheers hun, just when my aging mind had managed to forget about Rula and George in the kitty gear :(:(:(

Cheers hun, just when my aging mind had managed to forget about Rula and George in the kitty gear :(:(:(

I shouldn't purr , then.:(

/ meow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

AJ, ugh! I'd forgotten too - until now :(

Does anyone know why Michelle was crying when she came out of the DR a few minuets ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

womoma wrote: »
    Terry FTW. He doesn't give 2 hoots. And he is far more intelligent and charming than I would have previously assumed.

I feel sorry for Latoya.

Tina, Michelle, and Ulrika are equally tramps, but in different ways.

Verne seems quite nice.

I'm sure my opinions will change if I watch a bit more of it.

Never ever watch BB but watching it tonight for some reason. :)

Agree about Terry Christian- always liked him.
    Seems like a decent and level-headed, relatively insightful guy.

Edit: I just see womoma described Terry as a villain.
    I obviously misinterepreted his opinion.
    LOL.

Does Coolio talk about anything else other than himself/his gangbanging.

Trying to like the guy, but he comes across as a bit of a self-absorbed bore.

Does anyone know why Michelle was crying when she came out of the DR a few minuets ago?

i think....THINK.... it might have something to do with something coolio said to her...but i cant be sure.

coolio was talking to tommy and terry there about himself and his life for a good 25 minutes id say without them getting a word in!!

• Advertisement

i think....THINK.... it might have something to do with something coolio said to her...but i cant be sure.

coolio was talking to tommy and terry there about himself and his life for a good 25 minutes id say without them getting a word in!!

Saw that.
    He took the convo off on a weird tangent about himself, while Terry and Tommy were discussing film.
    Found it funny how Terry tried vainly to steer it back to film/more general stuff (asking if he had seen gangs of New York).
    Still trying to figure out if they were just listening politely or genuinely interested.

i saw terry break a slight snigger at tommy when coolios back was turned...clearly thinkin does he ever shut up talking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bad2theboneB

what are people taughts on coolio?

I think he`s gas!
    Did anyone notice when ulrika was doin her bit saying she has 4 kids with 4 different men and coolio shouts "Lets make it 5" :)

tech77 wrote: »
    Saw that.
    He took the convo off on a weird tangent about himself, while Terry and Tommy were discussing film.
    Found it funny how Terry tried vainly to steer it back to film/more general stuff (asking if he had seen gangs of New York).
    Still trying to figure out if they were just listening politely or genuinely interested.

i don't know either, they all seemed to be talking quite alot though in fairness. though terry and tommy did stop at the doorway and started whispering about how funny and crazy coolio was at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Without Coolio, this show is nothing. Love him or hate him he was 5 star entertainment last night.

think lucy should go..although i love her tats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Ok been missing again for a bit stupid god dam computer is finicky and im trying my best to keep it going. Gonna go and read through the threads from start to finish and see whats up and what you people have been saying so far.

Bare in mind ive only seen two days worth of viewing im gonna try and give my thoughts so far on the housemate (hope the rest of you have)

Terry - seems ok so far ive liked him nearly right from the start, but has he taken his jacket off yet?

Lucy - too say im loving her in the house is an understatement :):o (hope she has been good so far?)

Verne - seems pretty cool judging from his past reality experiences he seems well up to BB

Tina - well.....

Ben - Mr Boyband meh so far ive seen

Tommy - strange :confused: his PC behavior over Verne reminds me of Mario and Mikey

Coolio - seems like some seedy mofo with all the innuendos and whatnot kinda didnt expect him to be like that.

Michelle - did i see somewhere saying a poor womans Cheryl Cole, i like her more than Cheryl Cole :)

Mutya - i expected her to be some gobby bi*ch

Ulrika - liked her over the years i suppose she did have to put up with John Fashanu, i didnt know she had 4 kids by 4 different fathers, you do learn something new every day

LaToya - absolutely creeped me out with that little girl laugh :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wtf are they talking about a new currency for? And covering their mics achieves what...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Read through all of the thread hasnt been much debate/arguing :P so far maybe the show has been tame, lol

Still have a few shows from two days to catch up on will do in the morning and have a read of DS and the Sun website see whats been going down.

Rex to WIN (couldnt resist)

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Wtf are they talking about a new currency for? And covering their mics achieves what...

coolio and verne know very little about bb, they probably think they wont be heard!
    interesting chat theryre having..... theres a bit of a evil side to verne i reckon...and coolio and terry.

Advertisement