Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemistdirect.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

5% discount code on order over £10.
    Code:vouchercodes5
    Valid until 22nd of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ares wrote: »
    yep, can always pop across the border to grab your prescription if needs be.
    My dads meds cost €44 a month here, he was up in Enniskillen and got 4 months for less than £20. Amazing price difference.

I never knew you could go across the border to get your medication. Good to know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I ordered for the first time on Tuesday - Delivered to the door this morning (Friday). Pretty excellent service, and about 1/3 of what I would have paid here.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

Not sure who (if anyone) is into essential oils, but if you're willing to spend £100 or more you can get them DIRT CHEAP here https://www.amphora-wholesale.com/ I don't generally order £100 on my own, but combine orders with friends about twice a year under one account.

Not sure if I should post in this thread, but noticed the price of oils on the chemist site and that's what made me think of it. You need to sign up with Amphora to see their prices, but one example is a 10ml bottle of Lavender Oil costing £1.20 and it costs £4.47 on the chemist website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭brosna

I was shocked today to spend €4.84 on a 15gm tube of Bonjela in my local chemist.

Checked this on Chemist Direct and it costs £2.45 which works out at approx $2.82

a saving of over €2.00 per tube

This will definitely be on my next Chemist Direct shopping list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I placed an order on 17th Aug and still haven't received any items. All I get from them is the order was dispatched on 25th and should be with you in a few days. After two good initial experiences its back to the crappy service that I was afraid off after reading other posters experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

indenial wrote: »
    I placed an order on 17th Aug and still haven't received any items. All I get from them is the order was dispatched on 25th and should be with you in a few days. After two good initial experiences its back to the crappy service that I was afraid off after reading other posters experiences.

Yeah, its the luck of the draw with that lot. Will never order with them again after being let down with my last order that I cancelled after waiting ages for it to be dispatched, which meant I had to get pet supplies in a hurry locally(and pay loads more:() Its such a pity because there is great value to be had on that site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

can u be sure all of there medicines and vitamins and stuff are actually legit. Thats the last thing u want to find out is fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

suppafly wrote: »
    can u be sure all of there medicines and vitamins and stuff are actually legit. Thats the last thing u want to find out is fake.

Well Margaret had nothing but good things to say about them!

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/delight-vibrator-rose-47038_1_45080.html
    her review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

brosna wrote: »
    I was shocked today to spend €4.84 on a 15gm tube of Bonjela in my local chemist.

Checked this on Chemist Direct and it costs £2.45 which works out at approx $2.82

a saving of over €2.00 per tube

This will definitely be on my next Chemist Direct shopping list

Good to know your willing to hammer a few more nails into chemists who have been absolutely hammered in the last few months all for the sake of saving 2 euro. This is tough for all of us but thank God Im not that miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gpf101 wrote: »
    Good to know your willing to hammer a few more nails into chemists who have been absolutely hammered in the last few months all for the sake of saving 2 euro. This is tough for all of us but thank God Im not that miserable.

When you know what Chemists profit margins are, come back and preach, mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I don't know what forum you think you're in but its "BARGAIN ALERTS". A place to post "BARGAINS" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Be civil or don't post at all, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 altavista

Bought over £50 worth of non prescription goods. I was short 4 products value £9.65. That was over a month ago. They charged my credit card in full and I still haven't received the outstanding items or a credit. 10 Emails + 6 online chats and no satisfaction. Wouldn't recommend them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

I received all my items in one lot last Friday (almost 1 month after placing the order). You wouldn't want to be in a hurry anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 altavista

Just 1 other issue - they have now blocked my email messages to them - Not a very good way to do business.
    Where can I make a complaint?

altavista wrote: »
    Just 1 other issue - they have now blocked my email messages to them - Not a very good way to do business.
    Where can I make a complaint?

Ring them on +44 - 121 524 1941 .I found them quite helpful on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btw123

chilly wrote: »
    Ring them on +44 - 121 524 1941 .I found them quite helpful on the phone.

Whatever you do - do not use chemist direct. Yes there are a few happy endings it seems but a quick google of chemist direct reviews will show you a deluge of people having been bitten by these cons. I am one of them.
    I am a person that has ordered countless times from website (ebay) and others, from UK, Europe, USA, Hong Kong. I was always treated well and my orders no matter how small or otherwise were sent promptly.

I used chemist direct following an operation to remove a toe nail (quite painful) - podologist prescribed me to get medication asap so that the new nail will not be affected by the same problem and would need to go through operation again.

Chemist direct promised a 3-6 delivery to Europe. I contacted them several times, making it clear that my order was URGENT and that I could not wait beyond what their promised timings are.

They just dont care. All you get from their live chat is "I CAN ONLY APOLOGISE..." which is very stupid and irritating when they do it constantly and you know its not true. I even pointed this out with customer care...and how does she immediately respond ? "I CAN ONLY APOLOGISE"

My order never was dispatched not even on day 12 *let alone 3-6 days as they claim* so I had in the end to order from another source. When I infomed them of this and the order cancellation, lo and behold, they claimed that they shipped the items and could not refund me. Of course I took the case up with the bank and sent them all the evidence of constant warnings and numerous times informing them for cancellation of order, so I expect the case to be solved that way. However my only advice to you guys...dont play with fire...
    ...some might have recieved their items after huge delays (IS THAT ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU ? being tricked like that and playing with medication) but I have read a real lot of reviews in various websites claimed that they revicieved the wrong items, expired items, paying for a 50 ml something, but you recieve it in 25 ml form, not getting their money back etc.. etc.. They also effect payment immediately and send (if they ever do) when they feel like.

I would rate them as a zero star and a bloody disgusting service - how on earth a British company is allowed to work in that way is beyond belief. It is clear that they are a decieving company, tricking customers and abusing from the numerous damming comments one reads about them.

The money is yours, you take the risk, but if you ask me - I'd rather pay a bit more and get peace of mind than having to make Chemist Direct.co.uk rich by conning me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why in God's earth would you order something you need urgently, especially medication, from a website?

dudara wrote: »
    Why in God's earth would you order something you need urgently, especially medication, from a website?

Quite easy mate - when you're never bitten before, the company is British and you expect blue chip service and the same company claims a max of 3- 6 day delivery than you easily fall for it.

My only stupid thing ? I did not read reviews before ordering. Had I done so - I would never have used chemist direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

So you ordered something you needed urgently to prevent a reinfection on your toe from a website... FFS just go to a chemist here and buy that cream...

In the long run it costs us all more for the actions of a few.

So you ordered something you needed urgently to prevent a reinfection on your toe from a website... FFS just go to a chemist here and buy that cream...

In the long run it costs us all more for the actions of a few.

Don't know where your here is, but my here is MALTA and the product us 3 times more expensive here. and 3-6 days was ok to wait.

It was not just the medication that was in the order - the order contain other medicinals/pharmacutical stuff as well in order to spread the shipping costs.

Mate you are posting on an Irish website so please fill in your location details in your profile so that people know your general location

That asside it is a joke website

Mate you are posting on an Irish website so please fill in your location details in your profile so that people know your general location

That asside it is a joke website

Will do - but I guess I made it amply obvious from where I come from in the previous post. ;)

I'm not fussed whether it's a joke website or legion of Mary one, as long as the warnings keep on coming about businesses to avoid being bitten from

One thing though, why do you think just because they are based in the UK they will be anygood? Plenty of scams run from the UK and elsewhere, location is nothing to do with quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Would ye leave the guy alone. He made a mistake by ordering from this lot, no need for this inquisition!!:)

Feck it I had my pitch fork out and all.... Will have to store it away again unless we have a go at chemistdirect... ;)

Feck it I had my pitch fork out and all.... Will have to store it away again unless we have a go at chemistdirect... ;)

Agree with your point - scams come from anywhere. However it's just a (false) tradition that we have here, maybe because of past colonial times or just because of close ties with G.B. that we usually come to expect blue ribbon service from UK companies (however must point out that from countless purchases and alot from there, this is the first time I was treated like I was nothing). But you are correct - it's a misnomer after all :o

Hey guys, hows the weather up there in Ireland. Here although still warm to swim in the med the weather is clearly autumn like :( By the way - you guys are great - got a lot of friends working there who think the world of you + my Irish Aunt is great !

Currently raining lightly here in Cork.

Yes, we Irish are great. ;)

• Advertisement

Currently raining lightly here in Cork.

Yes, we Irish are great. ;)

You might want to know of another Irish man living here who is just now trying to break a world record in diving.
    http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090919/local/diver-starts-underwater-record-attempt

btw123 wrote: »
    It is clear that they are a decieving company, tricking customers and abusing from the numerous damming comments one reads about them.

You are entitled to your opinion but to call their service a scam or deceptive is just not accurate. Yes their waiting times are longer than advertised but the same is true of most online stores in my experience. Ordering products you need urgently from them is not a good idea. What they are great for is stocking up on essentials like paracetamol & cosmetics etc but it is always wiser to order 2 or 3 weeks before you anticipate using the products.If you actually need anything within a set time frame do not order it online.

Don't know where your here is, but my here is MALTA and the product us 3 times more expensive here. and 3-6 days was ok to wait.

It's the same here. That's why we are all using Chemistdirect.For a reduction in price of 66% the wait is worth it in my opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

agree with chilly there, stuff taking longer to get to you than expected does not make them 'a scam'.

It does make you a bit naive to believe a 3 day window for delivery could possibly be reliable, it's a 3 day window for a reason. If it's not being 24hr messengered or similar at high cost then there are way too many variables.

whiterebel wrote: »
    When you know what Chemists profit margins are, come back and preach, mate.

Ya I do know exactly what chemists profit margins are. And I can tell you that the vast majoity of the stuff you rave about on chemistdirect could not legally be purchased by irish chemists for anywhere close to the selling price on that web site. In case you don't know chemists have to buy a lot of their stuff from licenced suppliers. The mark-up is then 20-30% depending on the item. Some items are less with promotions ect. If you think they are going buying their nurofen for 50cent and selling it for 5 euro your wrong.

Anyway apologies for going off topic but saying I know nothing about chemists profit margins is a laugh and I had to respond.

copacetic wrote: »
    agree with chilly there, stuff taking longer to get to you than expected does not make them 'a scam'.

It does make you a bit naive to believe a 3 day window for delivery could possibly be reliable, it's a 3 day window for a reason. If it's not being 24hr messengered or similar at high cost then there are way too many variables.

Hang on, I note a little contradiction here. You agree they advertise FAKE delivery times but then you don't label them as a scam? To me, anyone who advertises false or fake material making you believe that a service will be provided in so and so manner when from the word GO! they know that they will never hold on to their promises is deceptive and worthy of the scam label. Had I not been decieved with their claims I would never have used their "services" and many others I am sure.

Like someone said, we're all entitled to our opinions, but when it is written black on white (well rather pixeled on screen) and its decieving than it stops being an opinion and starts becoming a fact.

This is no longer a marketing gap's model where gap 1 states that there is a difference from what the consumer expects and what the company think the consumer expects. This is a clear case where the consumer holds the company to its words or else expects compensation.

Your experiences out there could be varied where you've been burned a couple of times so your expectations could be a tad lower and more tollerant of deception. I on the other hand have had ca 2K € worth of purchases from around the world these past years and people have kept to what they claimed to me. This ironically holds true even from EBAY where you could find dodgy people claiming anything.

Remember, the minute you start putting your standards down and start accepting that people can advertise one thing and do the other, it is the same minute that rouge businessmen will start trying harder to put their levels further down and their profits up.

Its not like I am the first one claiming foul here, am I - you just need to do what twit me did not do before doing the purchase (mea culpa, fine!) that is, seach google/chemist direct reviews. Your eyes will do summersaults at some of the stories there.

You also have to keep in mind that this is not just deception (claiming one thing and doing another knowingly) but I actually started chasing the company about my order even before their SLA expired. I sent them numerous mails to which they reply with their silly melody "I can only apologise, we will send you the order as a matter of urgency" - What the hell, man - if you know you can't, why keep on with the deception?

The money is ours and we all take calculated risks with it - I just recounted my experience so hopefully others won't fall for it. Please don't take it personal though.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hang on, I note a little contradiction here. You agree they advertise FAKE delivery times but then you don't label them as a scam? To me, anyone who advertises false or fake material making you believe that a service will be provided in so and so manner when from the word GO! they know that they will never hold on to their promises is deceptive and worthy of the scam label. Had I not been decieved with their claims I would never have used their "services" and many others I am sure.

rubbish. they don't advertise 'fake' delivery times. They have estimated times. You hardly think they are running a worldwide delivery service themselves?

They stick them in the post, after that they go via a myriad of hands and postal services, none of which they have any control of. Just like any internet service with cheap delivery. As noted above expecting anything not coming via a single 24hr delivery service to get to you on time is more that a bit, well, hopeful. To put it kindly.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    rubbish. they don't advertise 'fake' delivery times. They have estimated times. You hardly think they are running a worldwide delivery service themselves?

They stick them in the post, after that they go via a myriad of hands and postal services, none of which they have any control of. Just like any internet service with cheap delivery. As noted above expecting anything not coming via a single 24hr delivery service to get to you on time is more that a bit, well, hopeful. To put it kindly.

You misunderstood my point. They completely and utterly flawed not in transit, as you somehow state, but before actually posting the items, i.e. when still at their warehouse. 13 days passed (not 24hr! for God's sake) with the "order being processed" status. Processed from them and not from any post office hops. :mad:

Just to give people an update on my order. My medication costs me €1104.00 per year . Basically €92 a month using my drugs card.

I got the same medication from chemist Direct delivered in 5 days for £95 .

Thats a years supply for £95 basically saving me €1000.

Just to give people an update on my order. My medication costs me €1104.00 per year . Basically €92 a month using my drugs card.

I got the same medication from chemist Direct delivered in 5 days for £95 .

Thats a years supply for £95 basically saving me €1000.

So your years supply was £95? Might I ask what sort of drugs are 10 times cheaper in the UK? That is quite the bargain.

That's a bit of a personal question there gpf101.Why just look up the prices of common drugs and compare the prices with Irish prices eg. Eltroxin.

For anyone planning a purchase www.bethrifty.ie is offering 5% cash back on all chemistdirect.co.uk orders again.

Eltroxin in Ireland is cheap as chips and would be nowhere near 95 euro a month. Feel free to ignore the question OP was just curious. 10 times cheaper would be very unusual.

Eltroxin 100mg is 5p a tablet on chemistdirect. X28 = £1.40. + £7.49 delivery charge = £8.89 or €9.67.

In Ireland Eltroxin 100mg X28 is €6.36 or so.

Bad example to demonstrate a great bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Eltroxin in Ireland is cheap as chips and would be nowhere near 95 euro a month. Feel free to ignore the question OP was just curious. 10 times cheaper would be very unusual.

Eltroxin 100mg is 5p a tablet on chemistdirect. X28 = £1.40. + £7.49 delivery charge = £8.89 or €9.67.

In Ireland Eltroxin 100mg X28 is €6.36 or so.

Bad example to demonstrate a great bargain.

Might be a bad example - but how about generic version of Zirtek bought for 26p per packet. Generic oral pain relief for kids 99p per bottle AND made in Co. Tipperary to boot.

Berocca is half the price of what it is here in Ireland both on Chemistsdirect and in bricks and mortar shops and the list goes on.

So what if they're not the fastest at shipping - you get around that by not ordering critical meds but for everyday stuff. One of my colleagues buys enough of a particular shampoo and conditioner to last her 6 months at a time and saves a fortune.

Fair enough, that is cheap. Cetirizine is available here at 9.99 for 30 tabs which isn't bad in fairness, no dodgey wait for shipping and your supporting an irish company too. I'd be interested who makes the citirizine for 26p a packet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Twinies

The point is that you are often paying for brand names here for drugs that can be bought generic. But the chemists here don't stock the generic brands.

I used to get Zoton on prescription at €50 a month, I got the generic brand in Spain for €20 without prescription. The prescription issue is seperate, but for meds that expensive, I don't care what it's called and don't wish to support their ad campaigns and dividends...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

I've used chemistdirect 3 times now and never had any problems. Maybe I've just been lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

denachoman wrote: »
    I've used chemistdirect 3 times now and never had any problems. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Dont think so - had a few delays myself and a few times all my order didn't ship together but always got the full order in the end.

So your years supply was £95? Might I ask what sort of drugs are 10 times cheaper in the UK? That is quite the bargain.

lansoprazole

With a drugs card it cost me 92 a month .

josh59 wrote: »
    Dont think so - had a few delays myself and a few times all my order didn't ship together but always got the full order in the end.

Just an update. The package did arrive after over a month. To which I refused it and allowed it to go back. The bank withdrew the Credit Card payment. Chemist Direct are not reliable.

Now just to make a comparison, I order from another online UK company. The prices are close for the meds, the shipping cost is not (they charge more). However they shipped the next day from the UK and it arrived within a week. That is what I call service.

Also, if you look for chemist direct reviews on google. Apart from the deluge of complaints that are found about their huge delivery times and wrong items. Once person has also claimed that his medication is fake.
    What are these people? Selling fake Viagra (Blue colouring mixed with chalk from dover?) If what this man claims is true, then no one your lansoprazole is cheap Dre as in Dray! Ever heard of placebos? You might just be getting those.

I no longer try my luck with Chemist direct. Once bitten, 10000 times shy.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews166261.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

btw123, what is the other company you have been using?

I have had a very bad experience with Chemist Direct too, did an order in the middle of August, received a very small part of order in October, not a sign of the rest, been in contact with them and they said the rest of the order had been returned due to delivery failure. Would I like a refund or they would charge me a delivery charge again.

Emailed them several times to say at this stage I would like a refund and no refund or response from them. I got in contact via their live chat and have been faithfully promised that my refund will be processed immediately.

lansoprazole

With a drugs card it cost me 92 a month .

None of my business and you seem happy with lansoprazole from chem direct but if you ask your pharmacist for generic lansoprazole instead of the zoton fast tabs you'll save a good bit.

loopymum wrote: »
    btw123, what is the other company you have been using?

I have had a very bad experience with Chemist Direct too, did an order in the middle of August, received a very small part of order in October, not a sign of the rest, been in contact with them and they said the rest of the order had been returned due to delivery failure. Would I like a refund or they would charge me a delivery charge again.

Emailed them several times to say at this stage I would like a refund and no refund or response from them. I got in contact via their live chat and have been faithfully promised that my refund will be processed immediately.

Tell them that you'll be having your credit card company make a charge back on the order if you haven't had some success in getting your refund within 2 or 3 days. That makes alot of places act faster. If they do nothing then contact your credit company and get them to investigate it and return your money to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement