Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binatone Carrera C350

• 03-01-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Guys, I got a cheap Binatone Carrera C350 with Maps for GB and Ireland. Through Maplins. it works pretty well and This uses the IGO engine on WIndows CE. Any ideas where I can get maps for Europe. There is no sight searching on the web. There is a slot for an SD Card. Thanks. F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

fshome wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I got a cheap Binatone Carrera C350 with Maps for GB and Ireland. Through Maplins. it works pretty well and This uses the IGO engine on WIndows CE. Any ideas where I can get maps for Europe. There is no sight searching on the web. There is a slot for an SD Card. Thanks. F

Have a read here if you have not already:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58430030&postcount=1

There is always a reason why things are cheap - first step check if mapping is Navteq or TeleAtlas - then check their sites for some chance of the product support. Also, if Maplins sold it then you would expect that Maplins would know all there is to know about supporting it!

Finally, if it is a pocket PC (Windows CE you call it) based system, try make sure you do not load any other conflicting software, be careful of viruses, make sure you do not leave with a flat battery and work out how to hard reset in a hurry.

Advertisement