Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 Car First Registration Date

Options
  • 04-01-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Would a car with MOT-11-2009 in the UK mean I'd be free and clear of an NCT till November this year?

silly Obvious question but an obvious answer would be appreciated before I do my final sums here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The NCT is due on the anniversary date of first registration in the country of origin (once it is of NCT eligible age bracket), regardless of whether it previously received an MOT or any other vehicle test.

If the car was registered after September in 2005, the reg number should contain 55 as opposed to 05 if it was reg'd between March and Sept of 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Thanks Colm

As it has garage plates on it I will have to email to find out.
    Price quoted is good.....wonder if they would drop it if a relative turned up with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,461 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What Colm said. MOTs are only valid in the UK - they are not valid in this country. A car is due its first NCT exactly 4 years from the original date of registration (doesn't matter in whatever country it was originally registered)

Advertisement