Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of man interests you!?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Bright, playful, and physically fit.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

I do like guys that are cheeky :D Physically I usually go for brunettes/black hair. I like when a guy smiles and it makes you want to smile. I like when they play for some sport (rugby/football/GAA). And this sounds weird but there are some guys, who are usually into sport, who walk like they have a sore leg. They may not have a sore leg but they just walk like they do!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jane86 wrote: »
    They may not have a sore leg but they just walk like they do!:confused:
    Maybe they get the 'sore leg' after looking at you? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Now you're assuming that every lady on here likes the lads. "What kind of person interests you" would be more inclusive no?

(I am being a little pedantic I know :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

The kind of man who interests me is the kind who's not afraid to take chances and goes for what he wants. A man who pulls out all the stops to get/do the job he loves.

Oh and GSOH essential :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

GSOH ?

I swear some day I think there was some girlie handbook given out and I just never got my copy, nothat that I would prolly pay it much heed but anyway.

I like intresting* people

yes alas that can translate into the twisted, sociopaths and psychotic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

GSOH = good sense of humour. There's a shorthand especially for lonely heart ad's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

GSOH=good sense of humour
    It's a throwback to those personal ads in the papers from the eighties/nineties, I don't know if it's still used though.
    Probably text-speak's earliest ancestor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

ellenmelon wrote: »
    GSOH = good sense of humour.

Thanks.
    ellenmelon wrote: »
    There's a shorthand especially for lonely heart ad's :)

/shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

PillyPen wrote: »
    The sexiest thing a guy ever said to me was "I'm scared." That sort of honesty is rare but so attractive to me.

/Sits on edge of chair

Well what happened next?! Did you untie him or what? :-D

Im going with the cliche, got to make me laugh thing. I have no interest in anyone that takes themselves so seriously they cant take some time out and be silly for a while. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Tall, blonde, handsome type? NO

Dont want a scram for the mirror in the morning.

Heart beat and available and a look that says "Hell yeah" if im honest :D

The rest i'm willing to find out along the way. Why write people off instantly because they don't tick a particular box?

We all want the charming, witty, funny, strong, loving, challenging, emotionally available, sexy, DIY king.

No one's perfect, it takes a while to get to know someone, if there's a spark between us then it's worth a shot IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Abigayle wrote: »
    /Sits on edge of chair

Well what happened next?! Did you untie him or what? :-D

Lolz, nah, he was talking about a bunch of different life changes he was going through. I still haven't untied him. ;) (Wow, that might just be the creepiest thing I've ever written.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I still haven't untied him. ;) (Wow, that might just be the creepiest thing I've ever written.)

Ive a tendancy to bring that out in people :-) creepy can be funny so long as its not actually true ;-)

Well, if life changes is what he was scared of; depending on the context of course, it exposes more positives about him than anything else. To use an example I suppose, if it were work related or even buying a new home- it reveals hes ambitious and a go-getter to get himself that far. If it was what I think it was- openess, honesty, and even brave! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

a man that can talk about something else than getting pissed and how much they can drink.... a man that can hold a conversation about things that interest me.... well I know I might get banned for this but a good sense of humor is a must, love tongue and cheek.... look wise, Irish always seem to be a good start, but seriously i wouldn't really have a type as such but i prefer the man to be taller than me...
    and oooooh might sound silly but he has to be kind to animals.....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Highly intelligent, articulate men. Bonus points for being well-read. I have to admit that I've gotten to the stage where if I discover (through texting etc.) that a guy isn't the best on the old spelling/grammar front, I lose a significant amount of interest in him. I must be quite the odd-ball. :o

Physically, I wouldn't pigeon-hole myself as having a type that I go for, but having said that, I seem to gravitate toward tall, built/bulky men. Not attracted to skinny men or muscly types. Arms and eyes are my weakness.

Anyway, intelligence is definitely my top turn-on.
    :p

Papillon87 wrote: »
    I have to admit that I've gotten to the stage where if I discover (through texting etc.) that a guy isn't the best on the old spelling/grammar front, I lose a significant amount of interest in him. I must be quite the odd-ball. :o

Ha, I'm the same way! Not too long ago I was sorta seeing this guy and he had the worst spelling I had ever seen in my life. Most of my responses to his texts were "Huh??". It was a huge turnoff. Man was I relieved to find out he was dyslexic.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Ha, I'm the same way! Not too long ago I was sorta seeing this guy and he had the worst spelling I had ever seen in my life. Most of my responses to his texts were "Huh??". It was a huge turnoff. Man was I relieved to find out he was dyslexic.

Hurray, I am not alone in my Grammar Nazi ways! At least I'm not the only one who finds it a turn-off. Was beginning to think of myself as a bit of a biatch. I'm honestly not shallow at all when it comes to physicality...so this must be my flaw! :D

Hurray, I am not alone in my Grammar Nazi ways! At least I'm not the only one who finds it a turn-off. Was beginning to think of myself as a bit of a biatch. I'm honestly not shallow at all when it comes to physicality...so this must be my flaw! :D
    I'm with you on this one, it's a turn-off for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Note two self: lern too spel propa.

You're definitely not alone. Many of my friends are the same. I didn't think I was shallow with regards to physicality but then I wouldn't date a guy who was only like an inch taller than me, which I thought was pretty normal but my lady friends said I was being silly. Oh well. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Note two self: lern too spel propa.
    maybe one day eh.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i seem to subconsciously always end up with skinny guys around my height, so while the tall dark handsome thing definitely works for me in theory, it seems to work the other way around in practice! i always find myself much more attracted to personalities than looks anyway, intelligence is a must, and obviously he needs to make me laugh (which is a tough one cause i'm absolutely hilarious myself! :D) plus the ability to drink loads is always good (this seems to be a turn off for most women but i am a girl who loves to party!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Seriously though, the good sense of humour was always what got me. That and they have to be genuinely NICE. I know a lot of girls say that's what they want and go off and date a bunch of arrogant jerks, but I'm the exception to the rule, seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

one often reads and sees the silent brooding type of man being though of as attractive because it makes women around him eager to crack his mysterious stoney outer layer and feast on the the rich sensitive fascinating goo inside. how much of that is true?

and can relatively stupid and ignorant men (like me) adopt this silent brooding mantle and increase our Je ne sais que and have more succès dans l'amour?

one often reads and sees the silent brooding type of man being though of as attractive because it makes women around him eager to crack his mysterious stoney outer layer and feast on the the rich sensitive fascinating goo inside. how much of that is true?

and can relatively stupid and ignorant men (like me) adopt this silent brooding mantle and increase our Je ne sais que and become more succès dans l'amour?

It is true that it's generally appealing, until you try cracking guys like that a few times and realize that they're generally bigger headwrecks than the ones who are more open.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

On the other side here... but it's great to see other people see Grammar Nazi as a +1 on the all important list.

"lol wud u lik 2 g4 cfe?"

Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've noticed a lot of the ladies here seem to be saying they don't like muscular men. Surely this isn't the status quo? :confused:
    I can understand not being into say Arnold Schwarzenegger style steroid induced mega-muscles, but surely a man with Christian Bale's (current, ie: not the machinist) body would be desirable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I've noticed a lot of the ladies here seem to be saying they don't like muscular men. Surely this isn't the status quo? :confused:

Everything in proportion is nice. I don't like the look where a guy has worked just his arms, it looks a little too Popeye the Sailor with the bulging biceps. Strength in a man is verrrrrrry attractive.

I'm another one who likes kindness. Once i was on a walk with a guy in St Stephens Green by the pond, a kid's wooden boat toy thing had toppled over in the water. The guy pulled it to the side (combination of umbrella and tree branch - v mac gyver!), fixed it up, explained to the kid about how the wieght had to be properly distributed and then he was as excited as the kid was when the boat floated properly again.

I melted, the kid's mother melted.....i think even the ducks in the pond were impressed too (although they hid it well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I gave up on the type thing years ago...my taste is far too eclectic....basically; if I want to jump his bones I want to jump his bones:p I do insist on a hearty dollop of personality though; looks are all very well, but as the old adage goes: 'You can do a lot of things to a fine arse but talking to it isn't one of them'

~Funnily enough I wasn't at all interested by my boyfriend the first time I met him..... i thought he was an ignorant cnut........ but drink, full moons and general lunacy stepped in and we ended up entwined by the end of the night..... cue a date the following week(about which I was slightly apprehensive as i really didn't remember him so well:o) which actually went exceptionally well..... I know those bellinis would lead me up the right garden path eventually;)

Fast forward a couple of months and I don't think a man has ever interested me so much. It's down to personality, wit, intelligence and the most amazing eyes methinks; plus he is ridiculously kind, and assertive....men with back bone are most appealing....

I can see my interest being maintained by this one..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I can understand not being into say Arnold Schwarzenegger style steroid induced mega-muscles, but surely a man with Christian Bale's (current, ie: not the machinist) body would be desirable?

I find this is similar to guys who say they like girls who are natural and don't like make up. But they of course like it when girls have full coloured lips, long lashes, or striking eye make up that empahsises their eyes, but 9 times out of 10 don't realise its the make up that has this effect!

Similarly lots of girls say they don't like big muscley guys, but unless they specifically have a thing for skinny guys they usually like a guy with broad shoulders and back, a good ass, and not too much flab, all of which adds up to muscles! I guess people too easily jump to extreme memories and say ick no, even though the reality is different.

Advertisement