Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of man interests you!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Well my ultimate fantasy man is French rugby player Chabal aka The Caveman.

So yeah, I like the big muscly thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lol I'd like to look like Chabal eventually. I'll let you know when it happens. ;)

When you can pluck trees from the ground and snap em like twigs, give me a shout ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

the kind of man that interests me.
    if you ask my friends they'll say indiana jones to cut a long story short. a little rough, manly, smart, blunt, into travelling. i prefer someone down to earth and creative which seems near impossible to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Peared wrote: »
    When you can pluck trees from the ground and snap em like twigs, give me a shout ;)

I didn't know Chabal could do that! :eek:

Also;

OUCH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

my pet goold fish was called chabal.....He was the night club masscot...

but niko the sick french men ate him for a bet :(... i was devistated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

but as the old adage goes: 'You can do a lot of things to a fine arse but talking to it isn't one of them'

This thread is hilarious....I can't remember the last time I laughed so much :)

I'll really have to remember that arse quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of the ladies here seem to be saying they don't like muscular men. Surely this isn't the status quo? :confused:
    I can understand not being into say Arnold Schwarzenegger style steroid induced mega-muscles, but surely a man with Christian Bale's (current, ie: not the machinist) body would be desirable?

Anything to do with christian bale is desirable:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I am going to be shallow here and say his looks would be something that would get me interested at first. Of course if the personality isnt there to back it up then I lose all interest.

Ideally he'd be tall, have long dark hair and would be Scandinavian. In order to "interest me" he'd be quiet one of his group of friends, he also wouldnt drink a lot or love the "pub culture". He'd be a metal fan, a movie fan and would take a deep interest in current affairs and politics. He'd be intelligent with an artistic flair. I'm not asking too much am I? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Arragont flirts -dark and deep creative types artists philosophers musicians. oh and condesending gets me too. Also alcoholics and drug addicts - Thankfully taste is improving!
    Galway's the right place to be so!
    I've noticed a lot of the ladies here seem to be saying they don't like muscular men. Surely this isn't the status quo? :confused:
    I can understand not being into say Arnold Schwarzenegger style steroid induced mega-muscles, but surely a man with Christian Bale's (current, ie: not the machinist) body would be desirable?
    Anything to do with christian bale is desirable:D

Christian Bale = Sex God.
    No if's, no buts. :D

For me, its intelligence....and the ability to speak other languages well.
    Being able to have a proper conversation and an argument is a must, you need an argument every now and then methinks.
    Guitars and black glasses also make me go weak at the knees...not quite sure why :o

• Advertisement

my pet goold fish was called chabal.....He was the night club masscot...

but niko the sick french men ate him for a bet :(... i was devistated :(

He ate Chabal! Lucky bastid ;)

Kinky:P

Ok more to add to my list:P

Guys with good teeth:D
    And who smell nice:)

He ate Chabal! Lucky bastid ;)

thats not the point my gold fish died because of some fruit cake who want to eat him for a dare...... :(

That was my gold fish he was such a nice gold fish to he swim around in little circles while the base in the night club vibrated his water he was a greatfish.....

Kinky:P

Ok more to add to my list:P

God yeah, forgot the teeth.
    Nothing worse than Shane Mc Gowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm sorry for your loss.

thats not the point my gold fish died because of some fruit cake who want to eat him for a dare...... :(

That was my gold fish he was such a nice gold fish to he swim around in little circles while the base in the night club vibrated his water he was a greatfish.....

Your a legend:L

That happened to my friend to someone ate his fish for the craic!

Pardon my flippancy.

I just got caught up in some visuals relating to the word eating and.. well you know the rest.

RIP Chabal the goldfish.*

*words I never thought I would type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I just watched the youtube vid, and I think I'm pregnant.

Love the hairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Mesenger1 wrote: »
    Ceiling Cat - where we separated at birth??? Scary how alike we do think:D

There are more of my kind out there??! :D
    Moonbaby wrote: »

My ex-boyfriend had to take listening lessons as part of his training.

Should be compulsory from primary school level, for both sexes :P
    Kya1976 wrote: »
    and oooooh might sound silly but he has to be kind to animals.....

+++1 Always makes me weak at teh knees :)
    Papillon87 wrote: »
    I have to admit that I've gotten to the stage where if I discover (through texting etc.) that a guy isn't the best on the old spelling/grammar front, I lose a significant amount of interest in him. I must be quite the odd-ball. :o

Me too!
    cuckoo wrote: »

I'm another one who likes kindness. Once i was on a walk with a guy in St Stephens Green by the pond, a kid's wooden boat toy thing had toppled over in the water. The guy pulled it to the side (combination of umbrella and tree branch - v mac gyver!), fixed it up, explained to the kid about how the wieght had to be properly distributed and then he was as excited as the kid was when the boat floated properly again.

I melted, the kid's mother melted.....i think even the ducks in the pond were impressed too (although they hid it well).

Aaawwww... :)

God yeah, v. v. important....
    I just watched the youtube vid, and I think I'm pregnant.

PMSL :D:P

That thing about muscley guys - I find it a serious turn off when a guy is all abs and biceps and fake tan.... they look like little plastic he-man dolls bless them. If a guy has a muscley physique from his job, or playing sports, then fair enough... they're honest muscles. The whole pumping iron 7 days a week at the gym thing does nothing for me though.

CeilingCat wrote: »

That thing about muscley guys - I find it a serious turn off when a guy is all abs and biceps and fake tan.... they look like little plastic he-man dolls bless them.

LMAO:D

• Advertisement

^^ agreed.

Honest muscles ftw.

Or at least lay off the waxing/fake tan. Ick.

^^ agreed.

Honest muscles ftw.

Or at least lay off the waxing/fake tan. Ick.

You speak the truth! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

My 'ideal guy' would probably be a mix between Mr. Rochester from 'Jane Eyre' (yeah, I'm a nerd :pac:), Phil Anselmo of Pantera and Sayid from 'Lost'. Looks-wise and personality-wise, he would cover all three. Yeah, it's a weird mix, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I tend to go for quieter kinda guys, as i'm shy myself, and too much confidence in people scares me off. Quiet guys are also pretty cute:)

Someone who is about the same intelligence as me. I wouldn't be able to stand someone who i had to explain everything i say to. I like a sense of general all round knowledge or something.

Someone who is funny, has an all round sense of humour, and who can stand inappropriate jokes.

Not cocky. Cocky guys are suuuuch a turn off

and of course they must be nice, very nice.

Physically, i like skinnier guys. I'm not a fan of the muscle unless it's very subtle. Oh and taller than me too..

I usually prefer longer than usual hair (meaning over 2 or 3 inches long usually), although it really comes down to how it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

it would have to be for me someone that is intellegent, nice eyes, someone that can make me laugh. and someone who is tall and nicely built:p in a nutshell... my OH:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Oh, you know who is the absolute sex?

Matthew Bellamy (lead singer of Muse). Oh dear lord. I saw them live at a pretty small outdoor show and I nearly cried he was so sexy. It takes a lot to elicit such a reaction from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What are 'honest muscles'?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ones that are there but you aren't ripped like this:

http://www.willisms.com/archives/bodybuilders.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I would say that 'honest' muscles are those acquired by moderate exercise, or physical work, or an interest in sports.

The turn off muscles are the ones acquired by grunting in front of a mirror for far too long while waiting for one's next waxing appointment, fake tanning session or sunbed slot, admiring your rippling bits as you repeated run scenarios in your mind of you impressing the sexiest person in the room with your strength, virility, buffness and fabulousness.

And that's just the women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I think honest muscles would fall into the category of a guy who generally wears normal clothes and so on and you never notice if he's physically fit or not, yet at some point he'll be running around playing a pick up game of footie with the lads and will wipe his sweaty brow with the bottom of his t-shirt and will, altogether accidentally, flash you a rather lovely stomach. At which point you must restrain yourself from turning it into a two person game full contact rugby.

(or maybe that's just me.)

Advertisement