Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of man interests you!?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

1984? Orwell so very mature not to appreciate a good pun? Are we?

(I'm very proud of that^)

It burns!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

It burns!

I suggest looking to the Book of Jeremiah in the bible, where you will find a soothing psalm to ease that burn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

you can have something that explodes with flavour in your mouth ...... now that's pleasure at its highest form

Ohhhhh, er, naughty

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Cocky and intelligent men ftw, keep you on your toes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Rozabeez wrote: »

Eugh, mind-games and head-wrecking ftl

Intelligent? Yes please. Cocky? Go away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I love an older man, and not just a few years older either, i'm 24 and the last relationship i was in was wit a 36 yr old, and most recently i was wit a 40 yr old. Dont really know what attracts me to these men, considering they all have baggage at that stage of their lives, but i find lads my age and close to my age are head wreaking and very immature :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

considering they all have baggage at that stage of their lives

Whoooaaaa there Bessie. I'll have you know I've had my baggage with me since my teens, it's not something I just acquired when I entered my thirties.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Funny I think I have less emotional baggage now at 41 than I did at 31. More experience yes, but I dropped the baggage that can come with that. Too much hard work to carry.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Dunno if MrsMcSteamy is talking about emotional baggage - more likely it's the fact that a single man in his forties is quite likely (or more likely at least) to have an ex-wife or partner and some kids lurking in the background. Emotionally, they CAN be a little more together than the younger models... but this isn't always the case! Similarly, not all younger guys are headwreckers... headwrecking knows no bounds when it comes to age!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

shellyboo wrote: »
    Dunno if MrsMcSteamy is talking about emotional baggage - more likely it's the fact that a single man in his forties is quite likely (or more likely at least) to have an ex-wife or partner and some kids lurking in the background. Emotionally, they CAN be a little more together than the younger models... but this isn't always the case! Similarly, not all younger guys are headwreckers... headwrecking knows no bounds when it comes to age!

So sorry i will explain what i meant, as shellyboo said yeah its not emotional baggage, the 36 yr old have an ex wife and two kids and the 40 yr is a widower with 3 children so that doesnt make things easy on myself is what i meant, and i know i willingly get involved with them so its not their faults obviously but it can be hard.

And relating to the lads the same age as me, from my experience they don't interest me for a number of reasons not just their immaturity. And as for headwreaking i agree no matter what age they are men can be headwreaking, i suppose just like all us women, everyone has their moments ;)

Hope this clears up what i meant, sorry if i offended anyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I love an older man, and not just a few years older either, i'm 24 and the last relationship i was in was wit a 36 yr old, and most recently i was wit a 40 yr old. Dont really know what attracts me to these men, considering they all have baggage at that stage of their lives, but i find lads my age and close to my age are head wreaking and very immature :p:p

In fareness i find that comment very iritating. I also think its nieve unfair ungust, and because its a forum Im going to tell you why...
    If you go to the banana club perfect example the first thing you will notice is a Bunch of LADS wearing pointy shoes shirts that all look the same jeans that well uqite frankly i think should be burned and the emotional senceitivity of a brick not a red brick a breaze block.....Of course your not going to meet any Mature guys... Il back that up with
    but i find lads my age and close to my age are head wreaking and very immature

So sorry i will explain what i meant, as shellyboo said yeah its not emotional baggage, the 36 yr old have an ex wife and two kids and the 40 yr is a widower with 3 children so that doesnt make things easy on myself is what i meant, and i know i willingly get involved with them so its not their faults obviously but it can be hard.

And relating to the lads the same age as me, from my experience they don't interest me for a number of reasons not just their immaturity. And as for headwreaking i agree no matter what age they are men can be headwreaking, i suppose just like all us women, everyone has their moments ;)

Hope this clears up what i meant, sorry if i offended anyone

Emotional baggage....Something I can happilly admit i agree with how ever the reason why men have emotional baggage is simple they dont talk. So your willingly put your self into a reletionship full of uncertantys and emotional baggage? why in gods name would any one do that ?

As for the rest of your post you only said imaturity and headwreacking twice, and your 24 not 34 you wouldnt know what experence in life is :rolleyes:....

Of course not saying that I do, but cleerly you havent lived....Edit- i reaslise that's pretty expansive thing to say as living dictates ones ambitions dreams etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Emotional baggage....Something I can happilly admit i agree with how ever the reason why men have emotional baggage is simple they dont talk.

You silly billy, not only did she not say "emotional baggage" but she explained what she meant by "baggage" in the post directly above yours. Then you top it off with a classic sweeping generalisation about men. Some men do talk you know.

You silly billy, not only did she not say "emotional baggage" but she explained what she meant by "baggage" in the post directly above yours. Then you top it off with a classic sweeping generalisation about men. Some men do talk you know.

yeah i do that what i ment :o

as in some men do talk and lot of men dont....

eather way im going to get my ass handed to me so no point changing it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rodent Queen

HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, A guy who isnt afraid to show their strange side....(Not sexually!) I like weird. Also If at 3 in the morning I wake up to play a game of monopoly, he will happily oblige :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My kitchen is my kingdom, and I'm the queen. Nobody is allowed enter the hallowed area when the genius is at work, for fear it will spoil the creative process.

Many have worshipped at the altar of my efforts, and some have offered themselves as slaves as a result.

True story.

+1

AND DON'T TOUCH THE GOOD KNIVES!!!
    That cleaver is damn sharp you know, and not just there for effect :p:D

nouggatti wrote: »
    +1

AND DON'T TOUCH THE GOOD KNIVES!!!
    That cleaver is damn sharp you know, and not just there for effect :p:D

that reminds me il have the name of that brillaint french wine i miss so much :cool: tomorow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Rozabeez wrote: »

+1 (;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 creasis

Hi guys!:)

Just thought id add my 2 pence worth here...when it comes to men, i like what women have been fighting against for years now. Il like the possessive, slightly jealous type. (dont get me wrong, not the type who'll puch someone for talking to me, but the one who will come and put his hand on the small of my back and enough said!) You know the guy who'll hang the shelves will i finish dinner...that kinda thing.

..*awaits feminist backlash*:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I suggest looking to the Book of Jeremiah in the bible, where you will find a soothing psalm to ease that burn.

Jeremiah 16...Day of Disaster: "You must not marry and have sons or daughters in this place." But think of the cyber-children! Poor things!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Cyber children can be over-written.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Looks wise I don't have much of a "type". I don't think any of the guys I've dated have many physical similarities. As for personality, politeness/manners are important to me, as is up for a laugh, intelligence and loves music. Matching playlists are not a must, but I'd like to bring someone to gigs who won't moan because the band aren't really what he's into. Open mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pinkshoes

I'm gonna admit it. I've always had a thing for guys with red hair (the nice like really dark red kind). I don't know why and I can't explain it but there you go! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

creasis wrote: »

Just thought id add my 2 pence worth here...when it comes to men, i like what women have been fighting against for years now. Il like the possessive, slightly jealous type. (dont get me wrong, not the type who'll puch someone for talking to me, but the one who will come and put his hand on the small of my back and enough said!) You know the guy who'll hang the shelves will i finish dinner...that kinda thing.

Ditto:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Pinkshoes wrote: »
    I'm gonna admit it. I've always had a thing for guys with red hair (the nice like really dark red kind). I don't know why and I can't explain it but there you go! :rolleyes:

I know the colour you're talking about. One of my sister's friends has that hair, and if I could marry the hair and leave the rest of him I would in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Pinkshoes

Blush_01 wrote: »
    I know the colour you're talking about. One of my sister's friends has that hair, and if I could marry the hair and leave the rest of him I would in a heartbeat.

Ahhhhh! I'm so relieved its not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

creasis wrote: »

Meh, feminism is all about the freedom to choose... and if you want to choose to be opressed, that's ok too :P

I'm joking, I'm joking!! Really though, I love a bit of possessiveness too. Jealousy I can do without, but I like a man to consider me his woman.

I love redheads too!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Because we're flipping attractive that's why!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Dream man:
    taller than me, when I'm wearing my heels (i.e taller than 6ft)
    Dark hair
    Blue eyes
    Muscular, don't mind thin or a bit more rugged, but muscles are a YES.
    Active, has to have a sport as one of his hobbies
    Have at least one hobby that he really likes doing so he doesn't hang off me all the time
    likes sports
    makes me laugh, but that's not that difficult
    good in bed
    likes to party

Edit: I just read the first few criteria and yes. I'm officially a sportsfreak!!

What I don't really care about:
    Money
    what job he has
    if he speaks languages or not
    what car he drives/ if he drives at all
    if he's been married and divorced (note past tense)
    if he smokes

Deffo no no:
    Bad breath
    more than 10 years older than me
    Married
    Vegan
    Drinks far too much and can't handle his hangover
    into drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Deffo no no:
    Bad breath
    more than 10 years older than me