Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curious,but not sure what to do.

Options
  • 04-01-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm an 18 year old male. I'm definitely attracted to females sexually and whatnot, but I've always had an urge to get with a guy and probably do more. I've talked to one of my best friends that's a girl and I know that she feels the same. Talking to her made me realise how much I want to try getting with a guy, but I just don't know what to do about it or how to go about it. I don't want my friends to know, because I'm not even sure if I'm bi and I really don't want anyone to know but my friend that I've already talked to. Any advice? I'm quite confused to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Seeing as you don't want others to know perhaps get your mate you've told to go on holiday to a different city with you which has gay bars. That way you'll be free to experiment without worrying someone might see you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

I'm an 18 year old male. I'm definitely attracted to females sexually and whatnot, but I've always had an urge to get with a guy and probably do more. I've talked to one of my best friends that's a girl and I know that she feels the same. Talking to her made me realise how much I want to try getting with a guy, but I just don't know what to do about it or how to go about it. I don't want my friends to know, because I'm not even sure if I'm bi and I really don't want anyone to know but my friend that I've already talked to. Any advice? I'm quite confused to say the least.
    Why not phone the GAY SWITCHBOARD for advice and just to talk about your feelings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

If you ever want to act on those urges PM me im 17 and kinda confused too..
    Even for chat man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 seeker099

Yeah this is a tricky one. Lots of guys are like you so your not alone there. I would of been like you a few years ago and after talking to a gay friend of mine, he basically stated that, the difference between actually being gay or bi and just having an urge is, wanting to kiss or cuddle compared to just wanting sex. Most guys who just have curiosity dont actually want to be emotionally envolved or be affectionate with a man where as a gay man might. This really cleared my head as i realised it was more of a fetish i had rather than my sexuality. You are young so you should experiment while you can, as theres no real harm if your careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah you're right. I don't want to be affectionate or have a relationship. Thanks for the help. That cleared alot up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

seeker099 wrote: »
    the difference between actually being gay or bi and just having an urge is, wanting to kiss or cuddle compared to just wanting sex.

excuse me, did you just suggest that bisexual people don't really love people of the same gender, but are just in it for the sex?

cause I am bloody sick of hearing that sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I think he means that if you have urges for sex only, you are more into the sexual side as a taboo or a fetish. If you want to kiss and cuddle someone of the same sex, then you're bisexual, you could have a relationship with someone of the same sex, so to speak...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

ah, I see what you mean, I sort of clustered it like -

" the difference beteween being *gay* or *bisexual and having an urge*"

if you see what I mean.

Advertisement