Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soloing instances for items.

Options
  • 04-01-2009 2:31am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, recently while im not raiding i started soloing TBC instances on my Dk for fun and get some decent while im at it for my main, ie Priest.
    No way im running them as holy priest when i got a nice geared unholy Dk ready and willing :)
    Today i ran BF,Ramps and a challenging run in Shadow Labs, they took a little over an hour in total and netted 380 gold in loot and vendoring trash, not too bad i guess.
    It got me thinking about running some places that may drop mounts or pets.
    Any ideas where i should run or maybe farm for mounts etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Zul Gurub for the tiger? Is unholy the best tree for a DK for soloing? I just started a DK as a little gold earner alt (extra professions) but 380g/hour is a nice return!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Storm Unholy IS the most efficent leveling build, i laughed my ass off all the way to 80 leveling with unholy.

Heres a good leveling build i made if you want it:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=2305001403000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000230200335023110203150003133151

And Dcully the mount bosses would be in Kara, ZG, Stratholme, MGT and sethekk if you have a druid friend to summon mount boss.

You cant get the bear from ZA anymore unfortunatley :( I'm pretty sure the others i listed are still obtainable though.

I keep meaning to get my kara key as i wanna try and kick kara's arse and see how far i get solo :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes Storm unholy is just immense for levellling.
    I levelled my Dk for 70-80 twice as fast as my priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Zul Gurub for the tiger?
    I'd say this, plus if you've sorted out your fishing you could pick up the Polymorph Turtle tome which still sells for a fair amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pingpongz

I did aswel, only difference is i charged to run a noob through. 50g a pop for hellfire ramparts... it takes 15 minutes to complete totalling approx 200g an hour + mob loot.

Frost is the best spec for this, really awesome AoE with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I've soloed Onyxia on my enhance shaman which was a lot of fun, I'll be doing it every week for the 150g + items you get from her. I tried raptor boss in ZG a lot but I've found it almost impossible, not tried tiger solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ahhh back in the days of soloing WC on my poorly equiped alt lock

DOT, DOT, DOT, leg it
    DOT, DOT, DOT, leg it
    Loot and smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

My lock can solo Onyxia, although I do admit its not too difficult. Currently working on Molten Core for the old skool enchants n gears. I can do Shazzrah, but everyone else is giving me hastle so far ><

Since you are using your DK for soloing you should be able to solo everything up until Karazhan (if you have the gear), which gives you a lot of options for mounts etc

Kara - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=96375

Not very interesting, although impressive to watch it being done. Of course you just cant beat 2man heroic laotheb or a mage soloing heroic DK wing even if it is a sploit heh

Advertisement