Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€30k to spend, what do you buy, criteria within

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

not a super saloon but 50% price drop in 2yrs:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda6/MPS-Turb/200801191343853/advert

I like the S60R too, sleeper cars ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

993 ftw.

Possibly the best 911 ever produced. If you get a good clean example and treat it well it will appreciate over the years.

You can pick up a much nice C2 in the UK for under €30k. Wouldn't waste my time or money on one here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    Lads, the OP is in his 20s and not (yet) married. I can't for the life of me imagine he is interested in lardy saloons or estates, especially not the ones like the Volvo, the Audi or the Chrysler, aimed at men even decades older than myself :)

Coming from the man who picked an automatic purple Porsche...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Lads, the OP is in his 20s and not (yet) married. I can't for the life of me imagine he is interested in lardy saloons or estates, especially not the ones like the Volvo, the Audi or the Chrysler, aimed at men even decades older than myself :)

I don't no about the Audi but the Volvo is certainly aimed at the younger clientele you speak of. I think 300 bhp and 0-60 in a claimed 5.5 seconds would give your typical ould fella heart failure to be honest!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

2 seaters, coupes, hot hatches and convertibles (aka sports cars) are whats aimed at young fellas.

the likes of the Volvo are aimed at family man whos realized he's not dead yet.

unfortunately if you drive any of the sports cars types above in Ireland your immediately branded a poofter :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Rubbish! :D

He wants suggestions for his criteria and hes getting them, let him decide what he wants. Sure the first car he linked too was an SL500, hardly a 20 year olds car by most peoples standards, but thats the very point, who cares what other peoples standards are?

I bought my 7 when I was 24 and had my full licence for 48 hours, get what you want and not what other people want is what i say! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

I couldnt disagree with you more here. I like saloons with big power. So does my brother and so do do nearly all car enthusiasts(not boy racers, they are a sub species) that i know. You seem to be assuming that all young people are idiots who know nothing about cars and are obsessed by image. I value exclusivity over whats "cool" anyday and im only 22. For that reason i will never buy an IS200/Altezza as they are common as muck and considered cool by the type of person that gets excited looking under the bonnet of a 1.6 civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

samsemtex wrote: »
    I value exclusivity over whats "cool" anyday...

Damn straight! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

2005 VAUXHALL Monaro V8 5.7 2dr Coupe £12,000 stg + VRT
    827930-1.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Coming from the man who picked an automatic purple Porsche...

What's wrong with purple automatics....a Prosche on the other hand....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

2005 VAUXHALL Monaro V8 5.7 2dr Coupe £12,000 stg + VRT

I actually can't stand them. Besides their ability to go sideways, they have a sh1te interior and they look about 10 years out of date. The only reason I think people like them is because someone like Clarkson said they were good because they can do donuts and that's what constitutes a good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ninty9er wrote: »
    What's wrong with purple automatics....a Prosche on the other hand....:p

I swear, i'd get banned for what i want to say:P...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I actually can't stand them. Besides their ability to go sideways, they have a sh1te interior and they look about 10 years out of date. The only reason I think people like them is because someone like Clarkson said they were good because they can do donuts and that's what constitutes a good car.

Fair enough but in terms if OP criteria of road tax, insurance and fuel consumption not mattering, being fast and at least three years old it ticks all the boxes. IMO only a fool would buy a car on the strength of a Clarkson recommendation

Advertisement