Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which organisation is better

• 04-01-2009 3:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Which organisation is better PDC or BDO or which do you prefer

Which Darts organisation is better 70 votes

Professional Darts Corporation - PDC
    0% 0 votes
    British Darts Organistion - BDO
    100% 70 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I was just thinking of starting this.
    Anyway PDC way better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

BDO is nothing more than a production farm for dart players, eventually anyone with ambition needs to be in the PDC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Take taylor and barney out of it and I think it would be interesting if they were all thrown in together, I know the bookies would favour the PDC players(rightly so) but good few BDO players would hold their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The BDO do a great job in running darts at the local, county and tournament levels. They do the ground work the PDC does not do.

I saw a BDO event on Setanta during last year, I could not believe my eyes. It was in a place what could only described as a derelict cinema building in some run down town, it was a disgrace. About 50 people there all over the age of 60. Prize fund about £2,000.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I saw a BDO event on Setanta during last year, I could not believe my eyes. It was in a place what could only described as a derelict cinema building in some run down town, it was a disgrace. About 50 people there all over the age of 60. Prize fund about £2,000.:eek:

That was the legends of darts, did you not recognise the players ya
    Gob****e

gipo2 wrote: »
    That was the legends of darts, did you not recognise the players ya
    Gob****e

No it wasn't, I think Bunting won it and last time I checked he was not a Legend

Also I'll not respond to your childish behavior , who are you anyway? do me a favour and clear off will yea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

gipo2 banned.
    personal abuse will not be tolerated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

own up the feckin eejit that said BDO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

i'll take the BDO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

it has to be the PDC, over the past few years we have all come more familiar with the players in it due to the brilliant coverage Sky Sports has, also the premier league is brilliant, they palyers are class in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Is this a serious question ? The better players are certainly in the PDC. Just watch the BDO at Lakeside and observe the difference in the scoring. Its very obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's the PDC for me.

of course the PDC is better. for old time sake i voted for BDO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

The ony reason the PDC is better is the money.....
    I enjoy the BDO events but they can't compete at the moment with Sky's coverage
    and prize money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think if everyone is honest, the PDC would be the best. But i wouldn't really take sides to be honest. I appreciate both codes and see no reason to choose. I think the PDC has better players overall, but the nostalgia of the BDO is great, plus you really do get some great matches when watching the darts on BBC. It's like a downmarket version, but still great to watch all the same.
    As far as i'm concerned, it's an extra week of darts in the New Year after the PDC finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think if everyone is honest, the PDC would be the best. But i wouldn't really take sides to be honest. I appreciate both codes and see no reason to choose. I think the PDC has better players overall, but the nostalgia of the BDO is great, plus you really do get some great matches when watching the darts on BBC. It's like a downmarket version, but still great to watch all the same.
    As far as i'm concerned, it's an extra week of darts in the New Year after the PDC finishes.

Your spot on there monkey9, i do perfer to watch the PDC but without the BDO there would be no PDC. Taylor,Barney,Priestly made there names in the BDO and have always respected that. I know it will never happen but it would be good to see a joint venture between them (World grand slam I know) PDC/BDO Championship Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd love to see a Grand Slam of Darts. Just pile the whole lot in and go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a Grand Slam of Darts. Just pile the whole lot in and go for it!

Grand Slam of Darts already exists. it was on utv there a little while ago
    Phil Taylor bet Terry jenkins in the final had both PDC + BDO in it. done like the UFEA Champions league, thay started off in 8 groups of four top two in each go through and so on. best match in it was gary anderson against terry jenkins in the semi's
    (James Wade got a 9 darter and still lost). All the big names were in it
    but would really love to see a real championship but no like PDC Vs BDO
    just player against player, top 32 from each:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Rebel021 wrote: »
    The ony reason the PDC is better is the money.....

and the fact they have the best players in the world. The world final was tonight, nobody touches Taylor and Barneveld.

I also noticed BBC are trying to cheat the stats to make the player seem better. They use a "first 9 dart average" so they don't have to bother including doubles and the other 15 darts in the case of some of the first round matches that have happened. Then they are like zomg his first 9 dart average is 110. Incredible!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

The BDO does do great work at local and county level, it's a bit like comparing the GAA club scene to the All Ireland series, I think once the BDO gets rid of Olly Croft they could go places. They'll continue in the amatuer ranks as long as their tv coverage is sub-par.

Although I can't say I agree with everything that goes on in the PDC it is the professional organisation in pretty much every aspect.

From what I've seen of Lakeside this year the standerd between the two is immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh!!

OI! OI! OI! :D:D

i would of thought it was more like..

di di di di di di di di di di di di di di di
    OI! OI! OI!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

syngindub wrote: »
    of course the PDC is better. for old time sake i voted for BDO

I voted for BDO also, even though I know PDC is better. But I dont have sky and I love when the darts are on telly (BBC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

It's really in the last 3yrs the PDC has gotten better than the BDO.How many of the last 8 in the PDC were BDO 3 yrs ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

hawkwing wrote: »
    It's really in the last 3yrs the PDC has gotten better than the BDO.How many of the last 8 in the PDC were BDO 3 yrs ago?

4 of them. Barney, Klaasen, Stompe and King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

In my opinion the easiest way of telling which is better is by looking at the players. Since the split there is only 1 "big" player that I can think off who has moved from PDC to BDO and that was Chris Mason, he moved back 3 years later.
    If you look at who has moved from BDO - PDC. They include 5 "world champions" who won at the lakeside 8 out of the 15 years. That being Barney, Steve Beaton, Richie Burnett, Part and Klaasen. Other names include Painter, Mardle, Baxter, Scholten, Stompe, King and there are probably others I have forgotten.

The BDO is just a place where they groom people until the vast majority move on to the PDC where the best players play imo

Edit: Just noted Peter Evison moved to BDO last year, suppose he should be mentioned although he has done nothing in the last 8 years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

PDC all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

The BDO will always hold a place in my heart as its what I grew up with. Lets face it lads, the Lakeside is the home of darts and without that competition we would never have gotten into darts. I went to the Lakeside last year for the 1st round weekend, all 4 sessions and loved it that much I bought tickets for the semis the week afterwards. The atmosphere in there is great and all the players are walking around having a chat with you having a laugh - no egos at all.

It does pain me to admit though that the standard of the PDC is miles better than in the BDO for all the reasons that have been stated above. The final the other day was unbelievable!

To be honest, I couldn't care less if its the BDO or the PDC I would just like to see all the best players playing at the Lakeside but I guess the place just isn't big enough to create the revenue they need to pay out the big prizes. The Ally Pally just doesn't do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

cooker3 wrote: »

I also noticed BBC are trying to cheat the stats to make the player seem better. They use a "first 9 dart average" so they don't have to bother including doubles and the other 15 darts in the case of some of the first round matches that have happened. Then they are like zomg his first 9 dart average is 110. Incredible!!!!

In fairness to the BBC the also show the full average right beside the first 9 dart. When i was watching last night the commentators always referred to the full average

Advertisement