Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Store Ripoff?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

As mickoneill30 has said, if you need some part immediately and are willing to pay the price, then you'll get it in a computer shop.
    Or if it's something that the shipping cost makes it cheaper to buy locally.

The only other reason I'd go into a computer shop, which I do every now and again, it to check and see what they have available.
    They are great places to see the merchandise displayed.
    You never know what you may see and then decide to buy on-line.
    Recently I looked at the 8" screen laptops in one of the computer stores to get an idea what they were really like. I don't intend to buy one at the moment, but now I know what they are really like.

Retail stores will always try to charge about 30% (IMO) extra for proffit and then have to pay for rent of premises and wages to the staff on top of this as well as heating, electricity....

rgds,
    s

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Plasmoid wrote: »
    So... on the premise that someone does not know enough to look elsewhere or needs something in a hurry, charging that price is not exploitation and not a rip-off ?
    Correct!

Advertisement