Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laser treatment and the jargon

• 04-01-2009 4:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

hey, im going for my consultation with Optilase next week, and ive read loads about the process etc but i dont really understand the jargon, what the different treatments are for etc (i know the nice person on the day will answer my questions but id just like a bit more of a foundation)

whats the difference with the treatments, is it based on severity of sight or the shape of the eye etc?

what in the name of god does Wavefront mean?

whats the intra thingy... sorry if theres a similar thread! :O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Some people are only suitable for one type of surgery, others are suitable for both and there are pros and cons to each type. Your prescription, the thickness of the cornea, how dry your eyes are etc all influence which type is best for you. For some people both are equally suitable and you can pick which one you want (thats what happened with me).

As far as I understand Wavefront means that the measurements of your eye are in 3D. This allows the laser to be customised to be a better fit for your eye usually resulting in better vision in the end - sharper than glasses would be able to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

Essentially, your decision comes down to whether or not you get LASEK or LASIK eye surgery. In fact this decision may be made for you as your eye may only be suitable for one type (or neither).

Advertisement