Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N82 media errors

• 04-01-2009 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I've had an N82 for a while but recently the media functions have stopped working. The 3 problems I have are with the media player, picture gallery and video.

When i select the music player, it starting searching for music. But it never finds any, and it never stops searching. There is plenty music on the memory card and it never finds any of it.

The same with pictures and videos. When i take a photo, it saves it to memory, but the gallery never picks up the pictures. I've tried upgrading the firmware but that didn't solve the problem.

I also thought that it might be the microSD card slot was damaged, but it loads themes from it without any problems, and if I go through the file manager, I can locate all of the media mentioned above.

Has anyone ever incountered this before, or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the first thing i'd suggest is to try another memory card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    the first thing i'd suggest is to try another memory card

Yeah, agree.
    And back up all that stuff on your memory card and format it. Before you do that try that 'faulty' memory card in another phone or with a usb card reader on your pc.
    That way you avoid doing anything 'drastic' to your phone before you've excluded the card from the blame-list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Did you try running scandisk on the drive in Windows ?
    Does Windows hang when you're browing the card at all ?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

thanks for the replies.

Well the card is being read using a USB card reader with no problems. I can't try the other solutions a while because im in work but i'll give them a go when I get outta here. I'll let you know how if the solutions work.

Advertisement