Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chorus/ntl

Options
  • 04-01-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know if their digital service is available in sligo town and is it any good, i know some of their engineers were updating the cables a few months ago but not sure if the service is live, already know analog is available but its digital would be more interested in if available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

I'm enjoying it now
    I presume if you receive an ad in the post your eligible for the service
    heres the tv site
    https://www.upc.ie/television/
    its good but you have to be selective in what you watch (sometimes its too much and sometimes theres a lot of rubbish)
    if you want to have access to some of the stations on your computer this is handy
    http://www.livestation.com/
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Stay away from them, they are complete morons with a crap service. Sky Customer service aint fantastic either, but miles better than this lot. Have Sky+ and its yer only job, only costs €27pm after install for the packages I have

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Stay away from them, they are complete morons with a crap service. Sky Customer service aint fantastic either, but miles better than this lot. Have Sky+ and its yer only job, only costs €27pm after install for the packages I have

do you need a dish though for sky, dont watch a load of TV though at the mo, just want to have something watchable, kinda sick of 2 to 4 stations depending on which way the wind is blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

irish-stew wrote: »
    do you need a dish though for sky, dont watch a load of TV though at the mo, just want to have something watchable, kinda sick of 2 to 4 stations depending on which way the wind is blowing

In that case you better of a dish and a freeview box. I have one and you get all the bbc's and channel 4,5 e4 more 4 and much much more. I can give you the number of a guy that does them. you pay 1 time around the 150 euro mark and after that nothing, that's including the dish and box and instalation. I got this and I'm very happy with it. Like you I dont have to much time to watch telly.

In that case you better of a dish and a freeview box. I have one and you get all the bbc's and channel 4,5 e4 more 4 and much much more. I can give you the number of a guy that does them. you pay 1 time around the 150 euro mark and after that nothing, that's including the dish and box and instalation. I got this and I'm very happy with it. Like you I dont have to much time to watch telly.

live in a rented house, none of us really want a dish, the chorus package we're looking at is the most basic, either the analog or the digital if available, both are less than a tenner each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

live in a rented house, none of us really want a dish, the chorus package we're looking at is the most basic, either the analog or the digital if available, both are less than a tenner each

I didnt want one either, they are ugly! the cost won me over though (I stay dutch!:D) We live in a small village and have none of your town services:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I have the freeview box and I think its the way forward,I too don't watch too much television but when I do I think the channels I get from the freeview are plenty,if I had sky I would be paying for channels that I would rarely watch!

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I have the freeview box and I think its the way forward,I too don't watch too much television but when I do I think the channels I get from the freeview are plenty,if I had sky I would be paying for channels that I would rarely watch!

but with a freeview box, dont you need a clear signal from a tranmitter in the north

getting back to chorus, not sure all ready, rang them this morning, they cant confirm if i can get digital, will get back to me in next couple of days, asked them about the name on the account as well, considering that i rent, found out you cant change the name on the account, if i was to move, if some one else in the house wanted to put their name on it, i would have to cancel, pay a cancel fee, and they would have to sign up again

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Can you send me his details please?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

but with a freeview box, dont you need a clear signal from a tranmitter in the north

I think he means a Freesat box. Reception is via satellite. Can be bought up north and gives most of the UK stations, 4 BBC's, 4 ITV's CH4,e4 M4, Film 4, five, etc.

freeview is a digital terrestrial service and does require a clear transmitter from up north.

• Advertisement
Advertisement