Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantas?

Options
  • 04-01-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

I have finally picked the, 15th of March and I am thinking of flying with Quantas, I have a great price of £552 which is about €580, it's a one way flight from Heathrow to Perth and the flight from Dublin to Heathrow is €25 with Aerlingus. I think thats a good deal and I get to go on the A380 :) with Quantas. But if I go from Dublin with Singapore Airlines it works out at €757. So would it be worth paying the extra to go with Singapore Airlines or would Quantas be just as good??? And with Singapore Airlines I get to go on the A380 as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I've only ever flown short haul 2-5hrs with Quantas, they were fine. I've used SA on a few times and love them, great service, in flight entertainment and great staff. Can't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭niborm

Depends on whether you want your drinks served by gay men or pretty women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Davexirl

niborm wrote: »
    Depends on whether you want your drinks served by gay men or pretty women.

So Singapore Airlines :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Quantas economy has older birds, then as you depart the plane they walk you through 1st class so the model like young Asian birds who have been up there the whole time can wave goodbye to you :P I swear they walk you through 1st class as a form of advertising for your next flight.

That fare is unbelieveably cheap, Id take it in a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Check for holes in the side of the plane before you take off.

And make sure you wear your seatbelt at all times.

Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Check for holes in the side of the plane before you take off.

And make sure you wear your seatbelt at all times.

Seriously.

Not to mention demanding to see the pre flight engine inspector and calling his references

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7787654.stm

:confused: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Well I booked my flight with Qantas today. A few bad stories going around about them but that doesn't worry me. Nothing I can do at 40,000 feet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Eh? since when does £552 = €580?? Is the stg/euro exchange rate really that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Eh? since when does £552 = €580?? Is the stg/euro exchange rate really that bad?

Yes! Near par to the eruo soon thery reckon 98p to the euro at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Most certainly it is (actually worse, €576). It's what happens when a country tries to buy itself out of a recession..that's a story for another day, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Wow, just noticed the dollar is strong against sterling again, back to $2.03 to the pound or thereabouts. Good for me tbh - I've a sterling loan to repay over the next couple of years, so the stronger the aussie dollar the happier I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,963 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just had a check online there for a few prices from heathrow to melbourne and its working out at £780 return around the same dates. Thats a steal imho! might look into going for a bit of a holiday now

Advertisement