Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business and Law

Options
  • 04-01-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey first post whoop...

Anyway, Business and Law in UCD. If there's someone here doing it tell me what you think.
    At the moment it's between BESS in TCD and Business and Law in UCD, with the latter getting more of my support because it seems to be a lot broader.

All thoughts/opinions are so welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Brilliant course, better than BESS in TCD as far as I've heard from discussing with friends there. It's a great course as the class is a good size and you can get to know most people; there's class parties fairly often as well. There's plenty to do in UCD to so that's why I'd prefer it to Trinity, 2 bars, societies, gym etc etc.

Subject wise it's fairly balanced and there is a lot of room to choose subjects in 3rd and 4th year - also the business subjects are easier to get marks in so you can keep you're overall grade up

Any more questions, just ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RuehlTheWorld

Awesome, that sounds really good.

What's your personal thoughts on the points for CAO '09?

In the Business side, is there much Maths/Stats if any?

How many hours of lectures a week?

Good lecturers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I wouldn't imagine the points would be over 500 as it's been fairly steady for the last few years, but then again that's no guarantee!

There's a bit of maths/stats in Quantitative Analysis for Business, Economics for law & business, Microeconomics and Corporate Finance but that's it. Obviously there is a good bit of maths in Accounting but that's all basic maths, nothing too tricky.

Lectures average about 15-16 hours per week from what I remember.

Lecturers are pretty sound; first year law lecturers were good fun and made things easy and interesting which was cool - haven't had really bad lecturers at all TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Yeah, I'm second B&L and we've about 16-18 hours a week so far over the past two years.

In terms of maths, it's not too bad. We've had two mathsy subjects so far, and while they cause a few problems for those who've done ordinary level for LC, it's nothing that can't be managed, there are grinds around and the Maths Support Centre.

The lecturers are, for the most part, very good. As said, the law lecturers are excellent, and the small business classes mean that it's easy to ask questions, get help etc.

The points tend to hover around 500, give or take 15 points.

There are quite a few threads discussing the course, including a few I started myself when I was in sixth year. If you look at them, they'll give you a good idea of the course. It hasn't really changed.

Oh, and as far as I know, Trinity are offering Business and Law for the first time this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RuehlTheWorld

Yeah but it's Law in Trinity at the end of the day.I'm thinking a minimum of 520 points there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement