Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash refunds are not offered?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

noodler wrote: »
    If something is faulty then Refund can be demanded over an exchange/repair.

That has always been mu understanding from business studies in school to 3 years working in retail.

this is what we're arguing about. it seems that it depends on the product and the fault

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is a circular argument and going no-where.

The law has been stated.

The original question has been answered.

What happens when the Sale of Goods Act is breeched is answered.

What happens when the Sales of Goods Act is not broken has been answered.

What happens when someone doesn't understand the Act has been shown.

There is no consumer issue here, only stupidity, frustration and pain

The end. May the thread die in peace.

This is a circular argument and going no-where.

The law has been stated.
    true
    The original question has been answered.
    true
    What happens when the Sale of Goods Act is breeched is answered.
    true
    What happens when the Sales of Goods Act is not broken has been answered.
    true but when it is broken or not is what we've been debating. as far as i can see you changed your argument half way through the thread (from all faults break the act to it depends on the fault) and have been since trying to make out that i'm stupid or mental to hide this fact
    What happens when someone doesn't understand teh Act has been shown.
    true. people go in demanding refunds when they're not automatically entitled to them because someone told them that all faults void the contract
    There is no consumer issue here, only stupidity, frustration and pain
    true
    The end. May the thread die in peace.
    indeed

so just to wrap up the thread nicely, can we confirm that if somebody buys something and it develops a fault at some point in its lifetime, they may well be entitled to a refund if the fault breaks the sale of goods act but they shouldn't storm into a shop demanding such because the fault may well be considered by the retailer and the courts to be minor and treated as a breach of warranty, where the customer is entitled to a reasonable remedy which might include refund, repair or replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i have to return 2 faulty video senders to maplin, i will look for my dosh back i will let you know later on in the week

• Advertisement

old boy wrote: »
    i have to return 2 faulty video senders to maplin, i will look for my dosh back i will let you know later on in the week

how long have you had them? iirc from when i worked there as long as it's within 14 days you'll get the money back right away but after that they'll give you a replacement. it's rare enough for them to repair stuff

from http://www.maplin.co.uk/TermsConditions.aspx?

6.4 Faulty goods under Warranty - Any defects in the Goods which under proper use appear within a reasonable period after delivery and which are due to faulty materials, workmanship or design will be made good by Maplin either by repair or, at the sole discretion of Maplin, by replacement or refund. Any claim for Goods or the defective parts should be returned together with proof of purchase and (if relevant), all complete accessories, instruction manuals and software and, wherever possible, in the original packaging. Any claim for defective Goods or parts must be made in writing (specifying the date of purchase and invoice number) within a reasonable period of time after delivery.

Advertisement