Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation Key, buy online?

Options
  • 04-01-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Sorry for the noob question...

I'm in the middle of the 10-day trial and would like to at least continue with the free month that comes with activation.

Is there anywhere I can download the game with the activation key, or upgrade from trial to full acount? Or do I have to buy the retail box?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I was just about to post this same question as I downloaded the 10 day free trial 2 days ago and now im hooked.:D

Im now a rogue on level 11 and was wondering what happens when the 10 day free trial is over as I dont want to lose my character.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

You can use account management on wow-europe to upgrade from the trial account I believe or here

https://signup.wow-europe.com/

With regards to where you get the retail key though. I'm not sure if blizzard sells them directly online have a look around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Yup, you should be able to upgrade your trial to normal at the account management. Think it takes 24 to 72h (still better than what it used to be when you had to wait till the trial is over :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I bought 2 keys off www.allcdkey.com

They have live help and when you buy they'll call your house to verify you :) All Done within like 5 mins.

EDIT: But the online upgrade thingy should work just as well if it's a EU server surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

online upgrade works a treat.. i upgraded from TBC to Lich King and took awhile to download the update and blah blah but didnt have to go to the shop which coudlnt as work during the day... very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

I'd recommend using the Blizzard online upgrade tbh, at least you're guaranteed to get a proper key then! :D

I've upgraded a bunch of accounts this way (recruit a friend multiboxing!) and it's really fast and easy. Just log into Account Management at: http://www.wow-europe.com and click the Upgrade option in the list. You can also buy the two expansions this way afaik, nice easy way to get going without having to visit a shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

WellyJ, while that site might very well be quite reputable, it also provides gold selling services. Please dont link to the site on boards as its against the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ivan wrote: »
    WellyJ, while that site might very well be quite reputable, it also provides gold selling services. Please dont link to the site on boards as its against the forum charter.

If I linked a World Of Warcraft tshirt on Ebay (That I wasnt selling) would the post be removed also due to ebay hosting auctions for gold/items/account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Ebay doesn't offer wow gold selling as a specific service does it? Take it on the chin welly!

OP: It's usually cheaper to buy the retail game online than it is to buy a key from a website. The website is the quicker option but you get a hard copy from an online shop for a cheaper price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

You can buy the retail off ebay, just ask the seller if they are willing to email you the key as soon as you win the auction. Was playing WOTLK about 15 minutes after the paypal went through.

• Advertisement
Advertisement