Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery problems

Options
  • 04-01-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I dont know if im poasting this in the right fourm ,but anyways .i got my little girl a battery powered ride on car last x-mas if u`d charge it at the start it would have lasted at least 3-5 days ..now after a year if u charged for 10-15 hours u`d b lucky to get 10 mins on it ..im just wandering is there anywhere u can a replacement battery or use a different type of battery on it ....feel free to move this post if its not in the right place ,..i wasnt to sure were to place it .thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The battery is dying and needs replacement.
    You didn't say what type of battery it has so a specific reply isn't possible.
    I assume it has a 12 volt 7 amp hour lead acid, or sealed lead acid battery.
    Hobby shops, large camping suppliers and motor cycle shops sell them.
    The sealed ones, or gel type are better, as they can not leak acid out and damage their surroundings.

Those batteries don't like to be deep discharged, and also dislike being left discharged.
    So significantly extended life can be got if you charge it after use so as to store it full rather than in an empty state.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

great thanks mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Maplin on Jervis st and shop in blanchardstown. They sell Lead acid pack in various shapes and sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

great thanks

Advertisement