Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP

Options
  • 04-01-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi
    my father bought a new nissian tida last year in windsor rialto (wich is now closed down) and the deal was buy a tida get a new one for the same price next year with a trade in so he went down to a diffrent windsor and the salesman told him he wasnt intrested in an 08 tida but when my father explained to him about the deal he was told that they already have 19 tidas and he was told to stop taking them in then my father ask him what is my father and everyone eles who went with this going to do and he was told thats tough luck

but what i want to no what can he do or where can he go or ring or is it really tough luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If there is a Nissan Ireland i'd be ringing them. A deal is a deal.

Edit: Just re-read your post, read it wrong. So basically the deal was he could trade the car back in for the same price he traded last year? Or what? I don't see the difference in buying a 08 Tilda last year and going in now looking to trade up. What was the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If it was a Nissan Ireland deal then he might have come back. If it was a Windsor Rialto specific deal I dont see how he can expect any special treatment from a different garage.

Stekelly wrote: »
    If it was a Nissan Ireland deal then he might have come back. If it was a Windsor Rialto specific deal I dont see how he can expect any special treatment from a different garage.

That's what i was thinking. But if the deal wasn't there, what's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭G_H

If there is a Nissan Ireland i'd be ringing them. A deal is a deal.

Edit: Just re-read your post, read it wrong. So basically the deal was he could trade the car back in for the same price he traded last year? Or what? I don't see the difference in buying a 08 Tilda last year and going in now looking to trade up. What was the deal?

the deal is if you trade in your 08 tida you can buy a 09 one for the same price as you paid for the 08 one

Stekelly wrote: »

the deal was going on in all windsors

• Advertisement

G_H wrote: »
    the deal is if you trade in your 08 tida you can buy a 09 one for the same price as you paid for the 08 one

But sure he hardly traded in a 07 one, so the cost to change will be different between the two? Or did he?

But sure he hardly traded in a 07 one, so the cost to change will be different between the two? Or did he?

no he bought the 08 for around 20 grand and was told to come back next year and trade it in and get a 09 one for 20 grand

no he bought the 08 for around 20 grand and was told to come back next year and trade it in and get a 09 one for 20 grand

Ya but this year he is trading in a car that they don't want. He might get it for 20k on a straight. I still don't understand this deal. A discount on the retail price of the car would be there if you weren't trading in. If you are trading in the extra money, or "discount" would be given on the trade in price. Did he trade in last year?

Ya but this year he is trading in a car that they don't want. He might get it for 20k on a straight. I still don't understand this deal. A discount on the retail price of the car would be there if you weren't trading in. If you are trading in the extra money, or "discount" would be given on the trade in price. Did he trade in last year?

no he bought it it straight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ok I can only see this going one way... The list price of a new Nissan Tiida hasn't actually changed since '08 so even with a big cash discount that deal doesn't sound great at all. Even if Nissan do honour the deal, it makes terrible economic sense to trade up to exactly the same car, the only difference being a couple of digits on the reg plate.

It has done a lot of depreciating in 12 months. I'd reckon it to be worth about €12k trade in (08's are making about 14k cash sale). So you're gonna end up shelling out the guts of 8-9k plus your own for a new one.

His best bet is to hold on to it for a few years. Sad but true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Taken from another post on boards. . .

http://www-srv-4.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55184841

http://www.nissan.ie/about_nissan/current_ms_general.aspx

Thought it was drop off your '08 for a '09..

I would imagine, it would have to be honoured by nissan, regardless of what garage it was orignally purchased in.......

S clarify this OP, he took it out on the Nissan Double Take 2 deal which entitles him to change up to a 09 for free?

homer90 wrote: »
    Taken from another post on boards. . .

http://www-srv-4.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55184841

http://www.nissan.ie/about_nissan/current_ms_general.aspx

Thought it was drop off your '08 for a '09..

I would imagine, it would have to honoured by nissan, regardless of what garage it was orignally purchased in.......

Thanks a million thats the exact deal i was looking for a link do you reckon he should go to nissan or winsor

Thanks a million thats the exact deal i was looking for a link do you reckon he should go to nissan or winsor

I'm trying to find the terms and conditions of the deal. They don't seem to be around. I'll keep looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I'm trying to find the terms and conditions of the deal. They don't seem to be around. I'll keep looking.

From what I've seen the deal is you buy a Tiida and they will exchange it for you next year for a new one, provided you haven't exceeded some level of mileage on it. I might be wrong but I think part of the deal was that they would exchange it for the 1.5 dci as well if you had bought the petrol. It was to combat the whole VRT change thing last July afaik.

Mind you, it would take a lot more than a deal like that for me to buy a Tiida!:D

VolvoMan wrote: »
    From what I've seen the deal is you buy a Tiida and they will exchange it for you next year for a new one, provided you haven't exceeded some level of mileage on it. I might be wrong but I think part of the deal was that they would exchange it for the 1.5 dci as well if you had bought the petrol. It was to combat the whole VRT change thing last July afaik.

Mind you, it would take a lot more than a deal like that for me to buy a Tiida!:D

+3000 lol

I think the OP should try contact Nissan Ireland. The used car lots are full, and i mean full of those Tiida things...

ye i wouldnt buy one either but still i think they should honour the deal

Advertisement