Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to sign up for ACCA

• 04-01-2009 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

hey,

at the moment i'm a 22 year old fund accountant and have been for a year and a half.

i heard just now dec 31st was the dead line:eek:. do they accept late entries or am i fooked!

also any advice how i go about it? I would just pay online now if it would ensure sitting exams in June and then just get the money back off my employer-they will pay for me to do the exams.

any advice on late entry?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Err.. where did u hear about closing entry date on Dec 31st? Check out the website http://www.accaglobal.com and there are extensive guidance on how to enroll as ACCA students and registering for the exams.

There are processes that you may have to go through before taking any exams including assessing your existing academic qualifications and exemption on certain ACCA papers.

Have a read on the website. And good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Kine

As far as I'm aware, in order to sit the June exams, you need to be registered by mid December. I may be wrong, but the websire should help you confirm that.

Also, ACCA have an Irish office and I found them very helpful in getting myself registered.

One thing I will tell you to get the ball rolling on is an official transcript of any college degree you may have completed, as the University/IT admin offices can be painfully slow generating these (they also charge a fee for printing you out a page...!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

I rang them yesterday ans the lady the last to register so you can do exams in June is Dec 31st but you can send a cover letter with your application explaining why you are late. It may take up to 6 weeks to get the info back so if you sign up for a course and then find out that you cant sit an exam in June it wouldnt be ideal.

Anyway Can you do the F1, F2, F3 computer based at anytime??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

cheers guys. i'll call them today. i have a commerce degree and did accounting in 1st year. not sure if i get an exemptions with that. i'd be better off starting from scratch anyway.

the website says dec 31st is the closing date, i'll try worm my way in:D

Advertisement