Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk Tonight (Monday AM) & Low Temps this Week

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

about 20mins ago had a slight bit of sleet and a tinkle of snow and some hailstones , by the look of the clouds in the sky we might be in for some more.

I am currently in Sandyford Dublin 18

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If only there were some showers now :( DP of -4c at the M4 buoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

TBH - I was disappointed that we didn't get some snow here last night. I mean it was a cold easterly in early January!

Just looked at the GFS and there is another snow risk for Tuesday night, especially in the North East, not sure if any will make it here.

Also, a frost day for some tomorrow??

is the weather broken?:mad:

I was always told an east wind at this time of year would put the fear of God into ya! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mothman wrote: »
    Like Roche's Point and other ME stations, the NRA stations are automatic, so don't believe the text reports.
    Apart from frost, there was no precipitation in Clonmel this morning

I meant to ask, seeing as it was automatic, how it could determine that there was snow on the ground (presumably it's a guess based on temp), or rain for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

in meath no rain or snow skys are clearing :(
    sky's long range giving the cold weather to break by friday in ireland :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Well I think the chances of snow is gone now, looks like staying dry but cold for the next few days with severe night frost, by the weekend it's a return to mild atlantic weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully we'll see a few flakes in February, so far this winter has been just as crap as others so far in terms of snow but at least we've had some really cold temperatures and frosts rather than 4 continuous months of mild wet muck like we see other years. So far this winter ive yet to see a single flake of snow (altho it did snow at my location end of October when I was away).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

danni2 wrote: »
    Well I think the chances of snow is gone now, looks like staying dry but cold for the next few days with severe night frost, by the weekend it's a return to mild Atlantic weather.
    Shame really I hate the Atlantic Weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Heard on Morning Ireland there this morning on my way into college that this winter has been one of the coldest winters in a decade. I have to agree that it has been very cold, and especially tonight as they predict the temp could plummet to -6C. Pity about the snow, but as far as frost is concerned, we have had frost nearly every night now since the end of November. The last time I can remember a lot of frost was probably back in 2001. I hope though that we do get some of the white stuff before January runs out as February will pose a lesser chance of us getting any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I suggest some sleet/snow possible towards tomorrow 6am along the east and northeast.

This falling after the coldest night for years.

Going to get down to -5c in Dublin Airport tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I could be wrong but I think this is the most frost ive seen in a winter since 1991, that year also the last real proper prolonged snowfall we had. We've had about 25 nights of frost over the past 6 weeks and about 4 ice days. However Ive yet to see the insides of our windows ice up from the cold, havent seen that since the 80s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I suggest some sleet/snow possible towards tomorrow 6am along the east and northeast.

This falling after the coldest night for years.

Going to get down to -5c in Dublin Airport tonight.

Not sure of the exact temps here last night, but some lakes nearby froze solid overnight and remained frozen today.

The last time that happened was in the early 90's!

Advertisement