Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Razors

• 04-01-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying one of these for a while now. But I've been told that they dont really work. Is this True?

I was in Boots yesterday and they had 2 different types one which looks like the standard razor rectangle shape and the second one had 3 circles on the head all rotating blades....any one with experience of which one is best?

Finally which are the best brands Braun to a Philishave etc......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Lexus1976 wrote: »
    Looking at buying one of these for a while now. But I've been told that they dont really work. Is this True?

They won't be anywhere near as close a shave as regular hand razors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I have one of the Philishave ones and to be honest, it will never come close to a razor blade.

If you are going to buy one, treat yourself and go all out. They should do you for a few years anyway. My one has lasted for 2 years, and still going strong. I can charge it up full, and come back to it a month later and it is still fully charged.

Electric razors, in my opinion, are only good if you have 1.5 days worth of stubble, or anything up to 2.5mm stubble lenght. After that it becomes painful and blades are quicker and better to overcome long stubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Electric razors aren't bad, but they won't give you as close a shave as a manual razor. They probably take about as long as a razor shave, but you don't have the frothy mess (but you do get tiny bits of stubble falling all over the place).

I got one to use when I can't be bothered with all the lather, but mainly to shave my head, and it does a pretty good job.

I have read elsewhere that the three head electric razors are better for getting rid of longer stubble and are a little bit quicker, but the foil razors (one curved cutting head) are better for a closer shave. Don't know if that is true as I have only had the foil type.

In conclusion they can be handy, but take a bit of getting used to, and they will never be quite as close as a razor especially on the neck (or at least that is my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 piedpiper

Never used to shave much, every few weeks if I was lucky, but got an eletric razor over christmas.

Anyway, its a three headed one and I know its supposed to take awhile for your skin to adjust but should it tear the sh!te out of your neck, or will the loss of skin and blood ease in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Not as close a shave as razors. Just bought a philips from boots. As a previous poster said, shaving any more than 2 days growth is just sore!

They are handy though as I never shave as close as a razor blade anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tried electric shavers in the past, never ends well for my skin :(

Have been using a Mach3 and more recently a Fusion but now changing to a safety razer in hopes of cutting down on razer burn and all the associated fun!

I wouldn't recommend anyone waste money on electric shavers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have both. They are practically the same. I would suggest shaving often with an electric, not letting too much stubble grow, or it will sting!

Advertisement