Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogheda Photographic Club

• 04-01-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is a member if the photoclub in Drogheda? I'm interested in joining them myself to get a bit more technical knowledge about photography and I went to see their exhibition in the Drogheda Library and there's some real talent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Hi. I'm a member of this club. They are a great bunch of people, very friendly and helpful. We meet every Thursday at 8.15pm. Come along for a visit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

Dink, is the club back this thursday. Im living in Balbriggan and would love to go to see what it is like. I am looking for a good club to join.
    Dink wrote: »
    Hi. I'm a member of this club. They are a great bunch of people, very friendly and helpful. We meet every Thursday at 8.15pm. Come along for a visit!!

Yes,we are back this Thursdsay. I think 3 of our members are showcasing their work so it will be a good introduction for you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Drogheda have a very good reputation. You should enjoy it there.

Go along to a meeting as a visitor & see if it suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

My local one is mid louth but I've head some negative things. :( I necver thoght of there being one in drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

Drogheda club has a fantastic reputation. It is in a lovely setting too up at the Millmount Craft Centre. I have known it for the last few years as I buy a lot of pressies in the Gift shop at the centre and my wife loves the wool clothes above the camera club. I think I will call in on Thursday for a look if my wife and the new born baby allows it! I currently attend one of my local ones which I will not mention but it leaves a lot to be desired!
    Phototoxin wrote: »
    My local one is mid louth but I've head some negative things. :( I necver thoght of there being one in drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Super, sounds good!

I'll come by and check it out this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smurphette13

I can't make it there on a Thursday night most weeks, but would like to join also. Is there another way of joining the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I am in Navan Camera Club and we meet on Monday nights, goes quite well there. They are back tonight at 8.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Drogheda club is really good! Some great people down there. I think you should really join! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smurphette13

My preference would be Drogheda as it's closer to home and I did a course there a few years ago, but if I can't make it on most Thursday nights is it worth my while?

Thank you Borderfox for the heads up on Navan's camera club. I will investigate!

Membership is €50 per year. Well worth it in my opinion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fuzzywuzzy1

This sounds interesting. Can I ask if you have to be at a high level to join, or are all levels welcome??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

All levels would be welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭houseoffun14

I use to be a member of the Drogheda Club for years. It has some really good members who produce good work. They also get some fantastic speakers in.
    They also run a number of internal competitions throughout the year aswell as taking part in the IPF competitions.

The club is open to anyone be they beginner or pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 IloveAchill

Really excellent club - I learned so much there over the last two years and met really nice people too (dink!!). Now I live in Mayo - and I miss the club SOOO MUCH!!! During the year they have fantastic speakers - well worth the join up fee! Go for it!

Advertisement