Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passport photo's

Options
  • 04-01-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hi im living in ireland and currently in the process of applying for my first australian passport,however they really want the photo graphs a certain size,there slightly biiger then the irish one,just wondering if anyone knows where i could get them done,they say that getting them from a booth wont do!hope someone can help,cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Head into your local chemist and explain that to the person taking your photos, they'll just print them on slightly bigger prints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Sorry Leif - but that is not going to work. I have had nightmares twice in getting Australian Passports done (both in Ireland and in Australia). They are EXTREMELY picky, and I mean to the mm, not just in photo size, but the proportion of your head that is in the shot. I've been sent out of the Australian embassy, went to the chemist (instead of Hacketts as they advised) and got sent out again.

As mentioned - Hacketts on either Pembroke or Baggot Street ( I can't find their details anywhere, hopefully they still exist) They are well up to date on Australian Passport photos. Tell them its for an Oz passport and they'll make it right.

I went through the same ordeal here in Australia recently - so get it right or you are wasting your time..

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

got mine renewed just before christmas - you can take photos yourself with digital camera and upload them to web site. You choose the country you want the photos for (or else can load in the dimensions) and bingo. You print them out yourself.
    Got 5 passports done and had no problems with any of them.

www.epassportphoto.com

Advertisement