Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

school leaver

Options
  • 04-01-2009 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,
    I left school at the start of 6th year due to few personal issues,
    I have been looking to do my leaving cert by studying at home and sitting the exams in my old school.
    The only problem i have is, i did 2 practical subjects and physics, would i be able to just do the theory exams for these and just lose the points for not doing practicals in class?
    Also for physics i have my practical coursework done and i still have the notes etc, could i just do the exam?
    Any help would be appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

im sure you could just leave out the practical bit of the practical subjects but your losing a lot of percentage on them then so it might be a bit hard to get an honours or pass.

for physics, as long as you learn of the notes for the experiments theres nothing stopping you really. your *supposed* to do the mandatory ones and write them up in case an inspector comes to your school but sure theyre hardly gonna come knocking at your front door.
    im doing biology on my own so im in pretty much the same situation as you on that one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hairyhead

thanks,
    i just hope i dont end up doing all this studying for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

What other 2 practical subjects are these?

It may of been just a lie but our Engineering teacher told us last year (Was 6th year Im now in UCD) that if you dont hand in a practical you fail Engineering. This seems to be true as the guys who tought they could not come to class and just pass the practical and get a pass all ended up Failing Engineering. (I think their was about 3 or 4 of them all failed).

I'd ring up your old school tbh , double check with them Im sure they'd let you know. If one of your subjects is engineering and the same goes for the other one you could probably still finish your projects on time. I know a few people who did not come to school for Geography (20% prac) and Engineering and the school was flexible to get their stuff done.

Advertisement