Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

chell wrote: »
    can anyone tell me the rules of xtra vision???

if the dvd is scratched, can u be refuned a total different dvd?

as i brought a dvd back i rented the other day, i watched 30 mins of it, n then it jumped to the end, the best part!!!!!!!
    wen i brought it back i told the girl fdrom palmerstown the little geek, the dvd skipped to the best part, she said i cant refund u credit note, or give u a different dvd, but i can give u the same one...........does that how that wrk??????

chartbusters is so much better, they dnt complain, n just give u a credit note if any complaint is mad!!

Well I'd say you went in acting like a pr**k and she wouldn't let you get a different one. Your own fault. Usually what happens is that you can get the same one or a different DVD as replacement or you can get a credit applied to your account to be used at a later date.

If you don't mind me asking, why was she a 'little geek'? Was it because she had good spelling and grammar? You're only jealous.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

This just happened to me today at the one besides the Tesco on the Headford Road...I didn't ask because a couple of time I did return them late but then I just realized this time was unjustified....next time will ask for a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

could xtravision not make it a policy to give out a receipt with every rental so there can be no argument over a return date and everybodys happy,personally ive never had a problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I haven't used Xtravision for the past 4 years. I rented 2 DVDs at the same time and returned them at the same time from/to the Knocknacarra store. They tried to charge me late on one of the DVDs but not the other. I questioned the guy about it and the response was something like; d'uh it says here on the computer that its late.

They sent me vouchers around 2 years ago and cancelled the fine, never used them, and will never use Xtravision again, in any store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Awww how cute, 'renting' films :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Krieg wrote: »
    Awww how cute, 'renting' films :P

I don't get it, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

How many xtravision stores are there in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

I can only think of 2, Headford Rd shopping centre and beside Supervalu on Ballybane Rd... or is there one beside Joyces in Knocknacarra? the one on Eglinton St closed a few years ago.

spender.j wrote: »
    or is there one beside Joyce's in Knocknacarra?
    That's what I'm wondering as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

there's another one in Westside beside Dunnes.

full list of stores in galway county - http://www.xtravision.ie/stores/galway.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

spender.j wrote: »
    I can only think of 2, Headford Rd shopping centre and beside Supervalu on Ballybane Rd... or is there one beside Joyces in Knocknacarra? the one on Eglinton St closed a few years ago.

2 others, 1 beside joyce's the other in westside shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

The Xtravision in oranmore is terrible, they often put the wrong DVD in the case, so annoying when you come home to find Precious in the case instead of Shutter Island.
    I know you should check them before you leave but its easy to forget!

theres one or two good heads in the store beside tesco...Don't push you to much to pay off fines in full and usual can give you good feedback on whether some films are good or not...it's a pity the movie club closed in shantalla, choice is not something xtravision excels in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Allison91 wrote: »
    The Xtravision in oranmore is terrible, they often put the wrong DVD in the case, so annoying when you come home to find Precious in the case instead of Shutter Island.
    I know you should check them before you leave but its easy to forget!

Staff are sooooooooo sloooooooooooooowwwwww in that one too.
    And the one in the Galway shopping centre is a bloody sauna on any hot days. I don't know how the workers stick it.

Advertisement