Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synthesizers, Juno G, Clavia Nord Lead...

Options
  • 04-01-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm buying a synthesizer but have not had one before and need help.

My budget is flexible, basically if something is good enough I'll go busking another couple of days to make the difference.

But around the 800-1000 mark really.

I'm in a pop/rock band with The Killers as a main influence.

I'm looking at a Roland Juno-G and also a Clavia Nord Lead 2x
    A Clavia costs a good bit more, and Im buying online, from cork so cannot test any of these out as the only store to have a juno G has a broken Juno G.

Any advice on them 2 or any other synths you might think would be suitable?, like I don't really know much about synths so even an explanation of the best points of these two would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The Juno-G is great, and its only about 700 or cheaper online. I've only got a Juno-D and as a synth it's very impressive and perfect for what I use it for. It's hard to specify any particular synth, it really depends on how you want it to sound/how much control over the sound you want to have. Definitely get yourself into a shop and try before you buy if you plan on spending anywhere as much as €1000. There are often good synths for sale on adverts aswell, keep an eye on the music equipment board there.

Advertisement