Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer of Festivals - Where to go!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

ManOwaR headlining Hellfest - I'm there! :D

God, really hope they get announced for Graspop too. So disappointed I can't make Hellfest, but especially now. Manowar are one of the only bands I like that i've yet to see live, alongside Rammstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Carcass confirmed for these two festivals so far. I'd advise anyone remotely interested in them to definitely see them before it's too late, you will regret it.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13 Jun 2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Waldrock Festival (Holland)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bergum / Burgum[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 Jul 2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With Full Force Festival (Germany)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leipzig[/FONT]

They ******* grind.

Dream Theater just announced for Graspop, as are Slipknot.. Delighted with the former!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Masters of Rock 2009 has given me a new headache. Just look at the lineup. Nightwish, Dragonforce, Arch Enemy, Tiamat and Europe. Must make to this gig. Anybody else going? Looks fu**in awesome.

http://www.mastersofrock.cz/www/index.php?view=82

Anybody here on boards going to be going to the Masters of Rock Festival this summer in the Czech Rep? The lineup looks spectacularly awesome and just looking to garner some interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

Prodigy, Korn, Devildriver, Dragonforce, Slipknot, Motley Crue will play at Download, Donington 12-14 June.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Baddies , Down , Satyricon and Skambankt have been announced for Roskilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Planning on hitting two this summer, the first being SummerBlast in Germany it's a one dayer but has some great bands playing- Misery Index, Aborted, The Black Dahlia Murder, Genghis Tron, Architects, Despised Icon. Then still unsure about Brutal Assault, going to wait for the next announcement to decide but Misery Index, Suffocation, Necrophagist, Beneath The Massacre, Vomitory and The Faceless would be worth the trip alone.

Your right there, those two festivals sound brill. Nice one MeetReality. Enjoy them.

Masters of Rock is definitely one I'm going to, can't wait. Anybody going to Metalmania next month in the Czech Rep? Xandria will be there, as well as Exodus, Overkill and Soulfly.

Check this out, Sauna Open Air in Finland.

http://www.last.fm/event/909053

What a superb lineup. Hammerfall, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Stratovarius, Motley Crue, Finntrol. Looks absolutely fantastic.

• Advertisement

I like the look of Bloodstock Sunday: Amon Amarth, Turisas, Equilibrium, Moonspell, Satyricon. c £50 and venue off the beaten track am guessing the laziness and tight-arsed demons might win again, but hope is infernal too, they say.

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/bands-line-up.php

Haven't been to a festival in UK in a while DJ. Prefer the mainland of Europe. Nice selection headache mate as the line up looks fu**kin awesome. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hffinalbilling.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DenMan wrote: »
    Masters of Rock is definitely one I'm going to, can't wait. Anybody going to Metalmania next month in the Czech Rep? Xandria will be there, as well as Exodus, Overkill and Soulfly.

Check this out, Sauna Open Air in Finland.

http://www.last.fm/event/909053

What a superb lineup. Hammerfall, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Stratovarius, Motley Crue, Finntrol. Looks absolutely fantastic.

DAMN! What a lineup! Plus it's in Tampere - that means Ryanair flights :D

Kotiteollisuus are playing, that'd be a great chance to get my SuomiRock on :D

djScarey wrote: »
    I like the look of Bloodstock Sunday: Amon Amarth, Turisas, Equilibrium, Moonspell, Satyricon. c £50 and venue off the beaten track am guessing the laziness and tight-arsed demons might win again, but hope is infernal too, they say.
    http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/bands-line-up.php

Yeah Bloodstocks a cool festival, hope to go this year to my 3rd BOA. Hoping a good few other decent bands get announced, it's early yet.

Graspop finished off their line-up horrendously today.
    "Also confirmed: STATIC X and LAUREN HARRIS for Friday 26 June, MANIC MOVEMENT for Saturday 27 June and CANDLEMASS, FLYLEAF, THE RECKONING and KARMA TO BURN for Sunday 28 June. " - worst final announcement ever I think. Was really hoping for a few last minute surprises. Here's hoping Bloodstock get the bands I was hoping for at Graspop.

For the bikers among us and any looking for a value option, the Rock and Bike Festival 2009 on 17-19 July at Draycott, Derbyshire, England offers free camping and weekend tickets for £24 advance purchase.

Lined up so far are the Levellers, Oliver-Dawson Saxon, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts and Sabbath, Rush, Purple/Rainbow tribute bands.

http://www.rockandbikefest.co.uk/

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
    Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what is with the hellfest website?? Anyone else find its just not working?

--LOS-- wrote: »
    what is with the hellfest website?? Anyone else find its just not working?

Just went to it there and it loaded fine. Maybe it was down for maintenance.

www.hellfest.fr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Anyone heading to Evile in Cork on Sunday? If anyone has attended en event at the venue, (An Cruiscin Lan) how much would it be to get in approximately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's €15 in to Evile in Dublin, so I'd say it definitely won't be more than €15 in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickser2009

I regularly go to Electric Picnic in Stradbally, Co. Laois and it's always a great weekend Festival. If you're looking to get away to slightly sunnier climates to party and dance the weekend away, then i would recommend something like 'Summercase' in Barcelona and Madrid! Also, Parklife in Sydney is awesome...I saw 'Felix Da Housecat', Mr. Scruff, Carl Cox, Laurent Garnier & some other excellent Australian talent in 40 degrees celsius, surrounded by friendly people and the setting was special, very spread out, great facilities and no hassles getting in and out of the marquees and of course good line-ups!

There are so many to choose from though....Glastonbury is a mental festival and Radio 1's Big Weekend on the May Bank Holiday would be worth a visit!

Enjoy whatever festival you go for! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 mrtaylor1981

only one place for me this year,the hallowed grounds of Donnington.
    Yeah, Donnington is very hard to beat, its the business. Hellfest after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Low End Festival? http://www.myspace.com/lowendfestival

Napalm Death, Mourning Beloveth and Primordial on one bill

low-end-web-nd-day-2.jpg

Oh and all in Ireland for €40?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah Bloodstocks a cool festival, hope to go this year to my 3rd BOA. Hoping a good few other decent bands get announced, it's early yet.

Graspop finished off their line-up horrendously today.
    "Also confirmed: STATIC X and LAUREN HARRIS for Friday 26 June, MANIC MOVEMENT for Saturday 27 June and CANDLEMASS, FLYLEAF, THE RECKONING and KARMA TO BURN for Sunday 28 June. " - worst final announcement ever I think. Was really hoping for a few last minute surprises. Here's hoping Bloodstock get the bands I was hoping for at Graspop.

Jaysis, Iron Maiden aren't playing and we STILL have to put up with Lauren Harris!

I know most "metallers" think Graspop is crap this year, but I, for one, am looking forward to it! There are some clashes though - Down clash with Dream Theater (will pick Dream Theater over Down, I've never seen DT before) and Mastodon are on at half one in the afternoon :rolleyes:

jenizzle wrote: »
    I know most "metallers" think Graspop is crap this year, but I, for one, am
    looking forward to it! There are some clashes though - Down clash with Dream Theater (will pick Dream Theater over Down, I've never seen DT before) and Mastodon are on at half one in the afternoon :rolleyes:

That clash thankfully wouldn't bother me as didn't like Down the time I went to see them, can't abide Phil Anselmo. DT all the way for me. Still isn't clear exactly which stages the bands are playing, so I just hope Blind Guardian & Dream Theater don't clash.

Graspop is a bit crap this year compared to other years, but after reviewing it versus Hellfest there aren't too many bands I won't get to see. The main ones are Manowar, Queensryche & Pain of Salvation. Bit of a bummer seeing as they're bands I really like & I've yet to see Manowar live, but hoping one or 2 more good bands get announced for Bloodstock to keep me pacified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Irish Halo wrote: »

low-end-web-nd-day-2.jpg

Looks like a good gig that. Napalm Death eh? Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Irish Halo wrote: »

That is one brilliant line up.

Edit:
    web-tickets-soon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Tis Hellfest, Bloodstock and Low End for me this year. Looking forward to em! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rock Im Park for me :)

Advertisement